Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Webmaster

Oh, I agree. I loved John Paul and I was secretly rooting for John Paul and Harry. Now I want Harry and Ryan. Sadly, only one of them with Ste would generate a story based on how the current writers think. Take out the kids from Ryan/Ste orbit and they have no story. But with the kids and Amy's death, there is oodles of story to tell for Ryan/Ste. Not so much Harry/Ryan even though I personally think think they'd have lots of stories to play.

• Members

Ste is just a void - he has no chemistry with his love interests. I include rib-breaker Brendan, the sexiest domestic violence expert of all time, in that. 

I wish they'd do Harry/James but Harry/Ryan wouldn't bother me either. We're likely to have nothing instead. 

• Webmaster

I don't know about James. Just something about him that I just don't like. That doesn't mean that I can't see him paired with someone, whether it be Harry or Ryan, but I'm not much of a fan. But I'd take him over Ste and anyone at this point. Ugh. He's so boring.

• Webmaster

Is that the guy who walks differently? Is that the actor or the character? Either way, don't see what Ryan saw in him. Harry or even Ste, okay. Kyle? No thanks. I even thought Kyle looked like D.S. Armstrong, who I'd also take with Ryan. 

Even though Ryan is a douche, I'd actually root for him with anyone at this point. Just prefer him with Harry.

• Members

I feel like Hollyoaks has more storylines/couples that I"m interested in following but the whole format and most of the extended cast these days is just so annoying and not interesting.

Meanwhile with Emmerdale I'm just stuck with Rob and Aaron and their cycle of antics....but at least I love seeing the Dingles, the Bartons, and the other members of the village.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I just got Hulu and see Hollyoaks is still on there so I'm thinking of picking it up again. I know how up and down the quality is and I'm already mad just hearing they killed off Amy, but I'm wondering is it worth picking up again? Or should I try one of the other UK soaps on Hulu? If I do pick up Hollyoaks should I watch 2016 or just start at the beginning of this year?

• Members

Coronation Street, which is the only of the UK soaps I never have watched. I loved Emmerdale when I watched that but I don't think it's available on any of the streaming services. Maybe Amazon, but u have to buy an extra subscription for their British channel.