Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I didn't want them compared. I was mostly just speaking on behalf of Steph Waring's underrated performances. She's always must see for me.

I've had my fair share to say about Charlie Clapham's acting skills, but I have to give him props. He has been looking damn fine, having bulked up a bit since his return.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Damn, I would have been grinning like an idiot if Lindsey framed Tegan for the killings. Her being single scares me. Hopefully she won't corrupt anyone I like.

It hurts me so much to see what they've done to Cameron. I don't understand how writers can ruin their own creations. 

Jade and Alfie are an extremely bright light at the moment, however. They are Hollyoaks at it's best.

• Members

2015 was such a good year I thought. I came back in December 2014 and I'm honestly surprised I'm still watching. I watched all but a few episodes in the past year, thanks to a YT channel. I was completely done with US soaps after GL's cancellation but the soap loving blood and need never goes away I guess. I watch all 4 British soaps now (Corrie by far my least favorite, Emmerdale and EE are great, and Hollyoaks is the most consistently entertaining one). Last time I watched a US soap was three months in early 2013, it was GH, I reckon I stopped watching at the right time.
On Hollyoaks, I love recent-ish additions like Grace and Sienna. I loved the latter from the get go and the former took some time but then I realized I had come to love her! Right now, I couldn't care less about Holly & Robbie. So soon after Joe & Freddie and Tegan & Leela shared partners? Holly & Jason didn't set the show on fire but why breaking them up. Robbie isn't interesting, one good thing they did with him was when he interacted with Nancy (whom we don't see enough of), what happened to that? I've noticed they always drop stuff on this show. The Lisa/Zack thing is a bit gross, I hope that's one thing they do drop, and the Joanne actress isn't very good, is she? I really like what we've seen of Marnie so far, and her gay son.
The French soap we have here (which I loathe) is doing a murders-at-the-hospital story and I can't help but wonder whether they're copying Hollyoaks.
Anyway, I first watched in 2011 and it was a mess. I couldn't stand Brendan and his stupid sister. Right now I like pretty much all the characters, they all bring something to the table, I've noticed here Tegan isn't very popular but I don't mind her. I just wish they weren't so quick to kill off people. Ziggy on Christmas, then Patrick by January 5. But I guess that helps make the show unpredictable. I agree on Cameron. They've written him into a corner, I can't see him last long, same for Nico (whom I liked but come on!) and Lindsey.

• Members

The cancer story is alright although I don't like Jack nicking the fundraising money.
I can't at Nico plotting to kill Theresa to get her kidney. One of Hollyoaks' main flaw with continuity was visible this week with Ben asking Myra to see if she's a match for Nico. Well what about the rest of the 100 MacQueen's in town? If Nico kills Theresa then I can't say I'd miss her, she feels like her purpose has run out. I much preferred Carmel. I wish Jacqui would return. Out of the new MacQueen's Cleo is the best, really sweet. I hope when Reenie returns they do more with her.
I don't know how I feel about the Sienna/Trevor affair. It seems to me it won't lead anywhere and will be forgotten fast enough (a la Grace/Darren). Did we find out what happened with Dylan? He was working well then they kill him off. Can't help but wonder whether the actor had issues with the role? I think he could have worked as the Johnny recast on EastEnders (I say that not having seen that character when he was on, but anyway they've chosen an actor already I've just seen).
I think they messed up with the Nightingales. They should have swapped roles for the Ellie and Rachel actresses. Rachel looks like she could be Nathan and Alfie's sister, and Ellie doesn't look like Marnie or her brothers at all.
I no longer mind Scott, but I feel sorry for James if it's his only option. I guess John-Paul might be another option but we've rarely seen him recently. Then again Scott was off the show for a good 3 months. The James actor is a find.

• Members

Thank you. I miss her so much. She added so much heart to EE. Hopefully Rakhee finds another role soon. There's rumors about her going to Doctor Who but I no longer watch that, it became too convoluted and overwrought.

Low-key exit for Theresa this week. Just two days before she was near death. Well I suppose they can't kill off every character. No doubt she'll be back sooner rather than later.

• Members

This week I read somewhere that the actress playing Theresa (blanking on her name) will play Miss Brahms in the BBC TV remake of Are You Being Served? I can also see her as the dim bulb Brooke in the hilarious farce Noises Off if someone ever tries to do a proper film version of it although I'm not sure anyone could. Maybe if it was shot like Birdman?