Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Selected scenes from Max's funeral yesterday. The entire episode isn't on youtube yet, but I'll post it when it's there.

Tom and OB decided not to attend because it was too much for them. Steph read OB's eulogy and then in her own way said goodbye to Max with a song. Very heartbreaking scenes. :(

I wish today's episode was posted for you all to see, but I'll post that when it's up.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

• Members

I'm an emotional wreck after Thursday and Friday's episodes. :(

I lost it again during Friday's episode when OB left to go back to London, as Tom, Steph, Cindy, and Mandy looked on.

I loved the end how OB envisioned Max nodding farewell to him and then he silently nodded goodbye back to him. :(

The end of an era...

I hope both episodes are uploaded to youtube soon, so I can share with you all.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

Okay, so Tina and Dom are the biological parents but Tina agreed to give up the baby to Jacqui because Jacqui couldn't have kids anymore? But now, because of the operation, Tina can't have kids either. Damnnnn......What a dilemma for Jacqui and Tina! The scenes in the hospital room were very good. Such agony for both sisters.

Still haven't gotten to the funeral episodes yet. I'll probably catch that tonight.

• Members

Actually, Tina's carrying the child of the man she had a one night stand with - Russ Owen. Tina and Dom were having troubles in their marriage at the time she decided to be Jacqui's surrogate, so he left town and she decided she was going to be Jacqui's surrogate no matter what Dom thought.

When Tina inseminated herself with Tony's sperm, she was already pregnant. This was revealed when she went in for a 12 week check-up and it was confirmed that she was 15 weeks pregnant, and the only man she had slept with in that time period was her one night stand with Russ. When Tina found this out, she told Jacqui. However, Jacqui begged her to keep quiet, which she's done, Jacqui's reasoning was that it would ruin both of their marriages. Jacqui's obviously also desperate to give Tony a child, which she can't do. By this time, Dom had come back, reconciled with Tina, and accepted her choice to be Jacqui's surrogate. He has no idea that the child Tina is carrying is her's and Russ.

Now that Tina might not be able to have children again, this child is her last hope. However, she's already made a promise to Jacqui. The paternity reveal has to come out sooner or later.

I really love how Jacqui and Tony are naming the baby after Max, Tony was like a big brother to Max.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

The following episode, OB's last day and final farewell to Hollyoaks is also up! I love the end credits, where they show a montage of Max and OB clips over the years. Those two really grew up on this show, which makes their loss so painful to me. As I said before, they helped raise Tom together, now Tom has neither of them. :(

But I love how far Steph's come from that self-absorbed and petty girl, Max's love really changed her for the best. I'm glad she'll be taking care of Tom.

Hollyoaks - OB's Last Day 11.07.08 - Part 1

Hollyoaks - OB's Last Day 11.07.08 - Part 2

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Administrator

Woah, those were really good episodes. I loved hearing "My Immortal" - it's such a sad song. Steph reading OB's eulogy and they're cutting back and forth to Tom/Ob sitting together crying. :( And then Steph starts to sing "Change" by the Sugerbabes which I believe is Steph/Max's song - the lyrics make it such a perfect song for them.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Tom is so cute and he's a very good actor for his age. My heart just broke when Tom said to OB/Steph, "I don't want to say goodbye....don't make me." :(

I love this clip of Max/Tom:

">

I love Steph! Glad she's going to be taking care of Tom. That scene on the bench with Tom......:(

I'm definitely a new fan of hers. The actress is so good.

So why is OB (and the actor) leaving?

• Administrator

Ellis Hollins (Tom) won an award?! That's so awesome. He was very good back then too? Wow, he's going to be even more super talented when he gets older. Tom ran away to the cemetary because he was afraid the social work was going to take him away and because he wanted to be with his mom and dad. :(

He's so adorable here! LOL!!

">

• Members

Actually, the song Steph sung was "About You Now" (slow/piano version) by the Sugababes. "Change" is kind of their song, and was the song that was played on the Jukebox the night Steph came home after Max died, when she was in her wedding dress crying.

Here's a montage video about the funeral and Max/Steph set to "About You Now."

Here's an more comprehensive Max and Steph montage set to the faster/up-tempo version of the song:

">

The lyrics, "Nobody gets me like you" was so fitting, Max really understood Steph.

Carley Stenson (Steph) rocks! She rocked that whole funeral episode. It must have been so hard to carry on sining and crying at the same time. I don't know how she did it. She was in-tune for most of her singing too, while crying at the same time.

She also looked authentically devastated, she looked a mess, how anyone in the situation would look.

OB actually left in February. He came back to be Max's best-man at his wedding to Steph. OB left to follow Summer, the woman he fell in love with to London, where she had moved.

This is his goodbye to Max and Tom in February. If you notice, OB quoted a line Max said in this episode in the eulogy that Steph read for him.

Darren Jeffries (OB) and Matt Littler (Max) decided to leave together, but for story purposes, Bryan Kirkwood (HO's EP) had OB leave a few months before Max. I guess for dramatic reasons.

This is a Max/OB tribute video, for all of you not familiar with them. If you look at the first scene, you seem them as young kids/teens. Their friendship was a pivotal part of Hollyoaks for 11 years.