Soap Star Plastic Sugery

• Members

Astro, you sure got that right. Who in God's name decide that Jack Wagner could be Lesley-Ann Down's SON? I always cringe when JW does love scenes with "Katie" or "Bridget". He looks like their grandfather.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There are a number of things that can be done with the neck.

Surgically, the neck CAN be tightened, Robin Strasser had this done (according her own blog) and the results didn't last long which isn't surprising given how much movement the neck undergoes each day and how it is exposed to the sun.

Susan Lucci actually has a great neck and it isn't even really wrinkled. What Susan has is referred to as 'cording' of the neck in which the muscles contract and stay that way. It happens over a lifetime. Botox injections can be used to smooth out this area, I think Lucci already does this, a bit of aging IS inevitable.

When it comes to Judith Chapman she could use a light chemical peel to smooth out her skin, she has accumulated a bit of sun damage over her lifetime, she still looks great and looks that way thanks to Botox and fillers and perhaps a brow lift. A procedure like Thermage might also be a good option for her as her skin looks a little bit loose.

Really, both of these women look wonderful for their ages and should be commended for showing such good taste in how they maintain their looks.

• Members

Looking at the list of oldest soap stars reminded me...

Bill Hayes (Doug, DAYS) looks amazing for being 83! Obviously had a nip 'n tuck and lift, as I'm sure his wife Susan (Julie, DAYS) has too. They both look great! Although the DAYS make-up artists always slap on too much cake batter and eyeliner on Bill's face.

• Members

I totally agree. I have a friend who compared Dee Hall's eyes to shark eyes. She can't open them unless she opens them VERY wide. So they're either black slits or they look like someone glued her lashes to her brows.

• Members

I'm not an avid ATWT watcher...but my bet is that he's had lower lid work that was done really well. Either that or he's had the hollow he once had under his eyes filled with Restylane. Whatever he's done, if he's done anything (he is only 43) it's been done very well.

Really, the whole ATWT cast looks terrific. Colleen Zenk Pinter, Kathryn Hays, Austin Peck etc etc etc. Everyone looks good and nobody looks too pulled. Eileen Fulton, as of a few months ago, is looking especially good. She appears to have lost a substantial amount of weight and looks 20 years younger.

Good on that cast, the cast of GH could take note from them!

• Members

Cosmetic work is VERY common, a lot more common than most would believe. I haven't actually had any of the surgical variety because I don't consider it really necessary anymore, there is a LOT dermatology can do all on it's own. It seems that a number of soap stars have discovered this because their work is subtle, well thought out and attractive.

• Members

I think that people should only consider having anything done if it is done to please themselves and NOT to solve a problem in life because the only thing a nose job or a shot of Botox will fix is an aesthetic judgement. All that said I would suggest that Catherine Hickland re evaluate whatever she is currently doing because she's aged quite harshly in the last few years (likely due to menopausal changes). Robin Strasser looks good and has done enough, she doesn't look "done"...Erika Slezak could do with losing a little weight, being on the heavier side is very aging...perhaps she could look into Thermage to tighten her skin, but otherwise she looks matronly splendid...nobody at AMC jumps out at me although I'm sure Cameron Mathison will be looking into Botox in a few years...the East coast soaps age better.

• Members

Whenever anyone mentions Catherine Hickland I immediately think of those ads she does in the soap mags for the product that makes your poo not smell. I just wish they could have her in a commercial for it with the tag "My sh*& really doesn't stink now!"

As for the worst of the worst it's got to be Hunter Tylo if only because when she first came on B&B she was onbe of the most beautiful women on tv - not just daytime tv. And then she just decided to cut her whole face up and ruined it. If she's so sue happy she should've sued her plastic surgeon!

As for most gracefully aged actress i'd have to give it to Martha Byrne. She looks fabulicious! She gained some weight lost some weight but she always looked youthful and human. Martha came on as a tennager and she stayed pretty much the same throughout her run,

• Members

I would say that it is because she gained weight that Martha Bryne looks as young as she does. Some people have what is known as a 'baby face' in which their faces retain much of the character they possessed as children. Their faces are usually rounder, stronger jawed with deep set (usually large) eyes. I should know, I have that face. Martha's weight gain appeared to amplify her 'baby face' and she looks great as a result. She's by no means overweight, don't get me wrong, but she is the heavier side of thin.

I should say that one actress who looks excellent is Lauren Koslow. She and Jess Walton must go to the same doctor, very similar work, very similar excellent looks.

Archived