Spyder Games Discussion Thread

dm.

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If anyone cares, the entire series is up on YouTube.

I've just watched episode 2 and had to laugh at that Dmitri's number one clue being that his father had a Moby cd in the cd player! His father only listens to classical music! Oooh! Also, considering he was shot, wouldn't the police kind of quickly see that he was? laugh.png

• Members

I'm blazing through the episodes - I'm already up to episode 5 and I'm howling at Natalia's Deadly Vagina™.

The whole soap is so cheap though and this was back in 2001 before everyone lost their faith in soaps, so I wonder how the online versions of One Life To Live and All My Children will look? The Carlisle mansion looks like a studio apartment!

• Members

Well this was a small cable soap lol. It was cheap, but it was so entertaining. It also did well ratings wise, from what I remember. I wonder why nobody takes notice when these soaps do well. I know this and Passions on DirecTV were successful, yet they weren't continued. I wonder if Prospect Park will similarly use the soaps to get their network up and running, then cancel them.

• Members

From what I recall from at the time they had it filmed and on the shelf for months, so unless it did spectacularly well it was never going to get renewed as it would've taken some effort to get everyone together and rebuild the cheap-ass sets. It probably didn't help that the final week was delayed because of 9/11 either.

Oh well, I'm just so glad I'm finally able to watch it! I remember following the recaps of it online so it's a bit surreal to finally see it all in action.

Archived