2008 BRITISH Soap Awards Montage

DaytimeFan

• Members

This is what Bryan Kirkwood said about the Max/Steph wedding and what to expect for the aftermath in a May interview:

This is what he said is the key to success for any soap:

There's some spoilers are upcoming storylines, you can skip that if you want to continue watching without being spoiled. But it all solidifies that Brian Kirkwood is love. :wub:

Read the interview here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/a96114/b...-hollyoaks.html

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Thanks for the links, Dannigold and Ben!

Damn, that was a good episode! Talk about family drama! I noticed that EE doesn't have background music which I found pretty interesting. Sometimes with you have these dramatic scenes, you don't need BG music. I liked it.

Okay, so what's the backstory? Did the dad (don't know his name) and Stacy have an affair or was it just the kiss? What lead up to the kiss? It happened on the same day Stacey married Bradley? How did the brunette little girl get the DVD?

And I must see what happened to Tanya after she fell down the stairs! Links please! LOL ;)

• Members

Well in that case i feel sorry for the American soaps, if they where ever as good as the english why change it, and make them so ridicoulos, with a group of actors who can hardly speak after hundreds of plastic surgeries!.....

Atleast the english actors look their age, and if they are old they have something you never see on the american soaps, they have wrinkles!

The clip with Blanche and Audrey on Coronation Street isnt it funny?!.....

• Members

It shows you that the youth pressures of the American advertiser market (a much more powerful influence on soaps in the US than anywhere else in the world) have transformed the creative product.

Although I STILL think US soaps would be where they are, ratings wise, no matter what...there is no denying that forces of advertising, with the pressure on the youth demographic, have sadly perverted the product. That also explains the faces you see. Actors do these misguided face jobs because they think they will look younger, and remain "front burner" or just employed.

This is ironic because, in primetime, many feel US TV is in a bit of a renaissance. Daytime...not so much.

• Members

Eastenders' improvement is down to Executive Producer, Diederick Santer, who came on board in Oct 2006. His first episode aired Jan 2nd 2007, and to be fair, his first couple of months was simply to re-shape the show and clear up any 'mess' left by his predecesor, Kate Harwood. (Saying 'mess' is a little harsh, as she picked the show up off the floor after Louise Berridge and Kathleen Hutchison made a complete pig's ear of it).

After that, things really got going. I think one of the smartest things he did was to let the Max/stacey/Bradley story run for a full year before the reveal. Other producers inheriting such a plot would have been tempted to rush the end, but it is a testament to the man and his team of writers that they let it play out of the course of a whole calender year, before it hit the fan.

• Members

Sadly, there doesn't seem to be the follow up ep on You Tube (unless someone else can find what I couldn't).

Backstory: (I'll keep it brief) Max and Stacey's affair was dragged out for about a year and half. It was off and on right up until Bradley & Stacey's wedding, where she and Max shared one final kiss, unaware that his daughter, Lauren, was secretly tape recording - she had been assigned the task of creating the wedding video, and decided to get some "exclusive" action from the bridal room. It took, Lauren, several weeks before she decided to edit the video, which was when she discovered her dad's affair. Wanting revenge, she burned it to a DVD, and wrapped it up as a Xmas gift for Bradley. It was only at the last minute that she decided not to go through with it, because the situation was more complicated than she realized, and dropped it in the trash, only for Tanya to fish it out and place it with the other presents.

Yeah, no background music - a staple for the "big 3" - sometimes EE will do montages, which was adopted last year; They're pretty affective.

So, if you liked the revelation, then maybe you'll also like Tanya's revenge (full eps (I think)).

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

I'll check to see if there's the next ep of this, too.

• Members

Emmerdale has a lot still going for it. And back in the day of Charity Dingle, it was freakin unmissable!

Diederick Santer also EPed the BBC's most recent version of Jane Eyre. It was, quite simply, awesome. Swoony and moving and hot and awesome.

• Members

I haven't watched that show for months, and I don't miss it. But, just for you, this is all I could find - a changing time slots promo for the U Network (never of heard of it before). It's not much, because ITV went on a "rampage" and had all their You Tube content removed, so any promos that were on there, are no longer.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

I did stumble across this cool Corrie promo from a New Zealand channel. Nice to see how others promote the show. (Storylines from late 2006)

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344">

A little of topic, but... A recent (spoiler-y) Neighbours promo, which nobody asked for, but it's awesome, so there. :D

Archived