Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It was set at the local University and involved the lives of the wealthy Alden/Forbes clan that ran it. The Slaters were a professor/ Dean, his abused drunk wife and his sexually abused daughter. The Donovans were middle class...Doug, a teacher, Mike, a cop, and Stacey, a college student. The Vocheks were a religious family, Father Jim and his sisters, Merrill the television reporter, and Noreen, Mike's wife, a nurse, also middle class. Then there was Coach Bristow and his cheating wife.  The original stories were to revolve around the college and it's scandals...

• Members

He was, yes. His jokes were getting a bit off-color for daytime TV at one point...

It was interesting that the Loving question they got was about when Lisa Peluso would be back. It reminded me of when someone here said that during Lisa's break they got so many calls and letters they had to start announcing that she would be back. 

• Members

He can get all off-color if he wants too. He is so SEXY! It is criminal that he isn't acting today! I have to add that Walt Willey was looking pretty handsome too! Sucks that no other soap has offered him a role either. I miss his face on daytime. 

I am not surprised that fans were worried about Lisa Peluso returning as she was a successful recast. From what I've seen, I enjoy both her and Roya's interpretation of Ava. I didn't know that Kate had cancer though. I hope someone post clips of that story. It seems like a very touching story. 

Speaking Loving, another end credits clip has been posted: 

• Members

And sitting with his legs wide open, like he knows it...

I've heard it was good, as was her husband Louie's cancer story a few years later. I wish we could see it. I remember an article when the show was ending and they interviewed various cast members and she joked that everything was life-affirming for Kate - even cancer.

• Members

Thanks. First time I've seen Larkin as Clay. He was very good. They disowned Clay so many times yet it still has an impact. And I was surprised they still remembered Rick by this point. 

The woman who plays Carly seemed to be a very good actress. 

I don't know that guy with Louie.

• Members

Thanks. I was so glad they uploaded a full episode and seem to have more.

The show had such a good younger set at this time. It's always hard to reconcile Amelia Heinle in these years to the living corpse of the last 15 or so years. 

PAS was just adorable.

It's tough to watch Buck thinking about marrying Stacey, not Gwyn, when Gwyn would go on to kill her...

Can you believe those sets? Better than anything on a soap now.