Fringe: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...
  • Administrator

I'm surprised that you didn't post that Monica Owusu-Breen and Alison Schapker are rejoining the JJ Abrams universe. I'm glad they're back. :) I thought it was a bad choice for them to leave Lost for B&S - why would you want to leave the JJA Universe? I guess the opportunity to showrun was to great of an incentive.

• Members

Well, I forgot. :P Somehow Brothers & Sisters wasn't really their show and it just surprises me. In the end, the risk of switching to a non JJ show kind of payed off and now they're back where they were with really nothing or very little lost.

That article really, really praised the show, I'm kind of cautious. We'll see. :)

• Administrator

Episode 2.16 was the best episode so far! We finally got some answers that we've been waiting for since last season's finale shocker (that "real" Peter died and Walter brought over the Alt-Peter).

Peter dying in Walter’s arms. :(

Loved Walter and Carla’s morality confrontation:

Carla: Walter, I’m sorry, but you can’t.

Walter: Yes, yes, I think can.

Carla: No, Walter, I mean you can’t, shattering the wall between universes would rupture the fundamental constants of nature.

Walter: That’s a theory. We don’t know what to be true.

Carla: It’s a good theory. That’s why we’ve been lying to the military telling them it’s impossible. Walter, there has to be a line somewhere, there has to be a line we can’t cross.

Walter: I was considered you as a scientist, Dr. Warren, despite your persona needs for religious claptrap. I see I was wrong.

Carla: “I am become death, destroyer of worlds….”

Walter: Don’t you quote Oppenheimer to me.

Carla: “Knowledge cannot be pursued without morality…..”

Walter: Sanctimonious southern preacher

Carla: I may go to church everyone Sunday, but I also have 3 degrees in Theoretical Physics and I am telling you, you cannot do this. We both know the amount of energy required to create a portal will forever ruin both universes. For the sake of one life you will destroy the world. Some things are not ours to tamper with, some things are God’s.

Walter: My son is dying, Dr. Warren. I will not allow that to happen again. There’s only one room for one God in this lab and it’s not yours.

So Walter was originally going to bring Alt-Peter back but when he saw Liz’s eyes when she was hugging Alt-Peter, he knew doing that would be impossible.

“I realize at that moment that despite what I promised, what I fully intended to do, that I could never take Peter back. The way she looked at him, I saw in her, what I feared most in myself when I saw him, that I couldn’t lose him again. It was the first hole, Olivia. The first breach, the first crack in a pattern of cracks, spaces between the worlds. And it’s my fault. You can’t imagine what it’s like to lose a child.”

What Walter did to Alt-Walter and Alt-Liz was horrible to say the least, but it's totally understandable and I was totally sympathetic to Walter. And I feel so bad for Alt-Walter and alt-Liz because they never had any closure – Peter just disappeared. I hope we will see their reaction to Peter’s disappearance and I wonder what Alt-Walter did to try and find him or if he knows Our-Walter took Alt-Peter.

“Back to the Future starring Eric Stoltz” – LMAO! That was funny because Eric was suppose to be in BTTF and actually filmed scenes but the producers decided to recast the role with Michael J. Fox.

The 80’s opening rocked too! LOL at the “fringe science” back then: personal computing, cold fusion, DNA profiling, nanotechnology, cloning, invisibility, genetic engineering, laser surgery, stealth technology, in vitro fertilization, virtual reality.

So that’s how Nina lost part of her arm – by trying to stop Walter from going over to the other universe.

The score for this episode was top notch too.

And John Noble was simply awesome. I hope he gets Emmy recognition for this episode

From start to finish, this episode rocked!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Administrator

"Subject 13" was such a great episode! It was a follow up to last seaon's "Peter." I thought how Waltername found out about the other universe was brilliant, especially after seeing him struggle to find a reason why/how Peter disappeared. Peter's suspecisions was heartbreaking, as was Elizabeth guilt.

I hope the decision to cancel or review is made soon so the show can end properly instead of a cliffhanger.

Archived