Fringe: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm caught up now except for this week's. It's been pretty good. But now I read it's going on another 7 week hiatus? I don't think there are going to be new episodes until April. :mellow: I'm not really sold on JJ either, or MV for that matter, but MV is gone anyway. Torv's best foil so far has been John Noble. :lol:

I've also been reading that some shows which have been taping in NYC, including Fringe, are going to be re-locating because the tax break they've been getting isn't there anymore. I wonder if that's the reason behind this new hiatus and the one for Ugly Betty.

• Administrator

The last episode was really good, with Olivia being "recruited" and having to do those test. Did she really turn off the lights with her mind or did Jones set the timer to stop...hmm....

So Walter was the one who wrote that ZFT manuscript? Again...hmmm.....

The episode with the porcupine monster on the plane was really cool. My jaw dropped when it burst out of the bathroom. LOL Too bad we didn't see more of the porcupine monster in action.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Last week's episode was really good with the little bald boy........who has a connection to The Observer? That was cool ending!

Speaking of The Observer, check this out! Pretty cool marketing by FOX.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111800247...=1&nid=2562

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340">

• Members

Yeah. I saw it. He is probably a fan so his agent arranged a guest stint or something and, of course, why would J. J. Abrams have anything against a top Hollywood screenwriter penning an episode or two? I don't really like his work in film, but he is OK. He'll soon be busy adapting Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The finale should be good. Looking forward to Leonard Nimoy as William Bell. Cool that we got to hear his voice a couple of episodes ago on Walter's old tape with Olive/Olivia. And that bit with Clint Howard in the last show was too funny, all the Star Trek references, what with Nimoy coming on...and casting Howard, one of the most familiar Trek guest stars ever. :P

Joshua Jackson is reminding me of Sigourney Weaver in "Galaxy Quest", where they spoofed her character as having no purpose, other than being basically a middleman.

• Administrator

OMG! What a season finale! I was really shocked when the camera zoomed out to reveal that William Bell's office was in one of the Twin Towers! :o The other jaw dropping moment was the revelation that Peter died in 1985 when he was only 7! So if Peter is dead, that means Walter went to the alternative universe and brought him back to "our" universe - that's crazy!!

Season 1 finales and cliffhangers on a JJ Abrams show are always fantastic!

Here's Jeff Pinkner talking about the cliffhanger:

">

• Members

Yes indeed, but what a neat way to bring on Mr. Spock Leonard Nimoy William Bell by having Olivia beamed back, or over. Priceless

But, soooo Walter, don't you think?? I really felt sorry for him standing there especially since he was so elated when Peter's remembrance of Saturday morning pancakes jogged his memory.

• Members

Wow, great finale!

I was shocked by the grave. When Walter was talking about going over to the other universe to bring back something that he had lost, I thought he was talking about Peter's mother...that she had died and he tried to bring the back the other one. So Peter is an alternate.

So....if Olivia and Bell are in the alternate universe, where are their alternates? Dead? Did that car crash that almost killed Olivia happen in the alternate universe and actually kill alternate Olivia? Maybe they killed alternate-Olivia deliberately to bring Olivia over.

I hope next season's opener spends some time in the alternate universe...just to see what differences there are, what the characters are doing...how alternate Peter's disappearance when Walter took him happened. Maybe alternate-Walter is perfectly sane and mad as hell!

• 5 months later...

Archived