Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks!  I'm sure you'll get an ear full.  Close to sleep now but the basics are that I love it.  Everything I heard about early Ryan's Hope being some of the best soaps on TV are completely true, imo.  Helen (who I've had the pleasure of spending the evening with several times here in NYC) is the acting powerhouse glue that holds the show together - even with the ever changing cast of her children.  Kate Mulgrew is, of course, the best Mary Ryan but the others all grew on me (to an extent) in time.  I never really enjoyed Frank until.....crap, I can't think of his name - Hardcastle and McCormick.  FRANK - as far as I'm concerned.  I miss the original Pat like crazy.  Rae Woodard is one of the best non-Ryan characters to grace the series (not sure about her new, out of nowhere, "hashish" brownie baking daughter, Kimberly).  I can't believe I'm going to say this but I think I have, ultimately, enjoyed Delia #2 better than Ilene.  And, although Catherine Hicks was a fave of mine, KMG (KGM?) has totally taken over the role of Faith in a way that I've enjoyed.  More thoughts to come.  I'm very opinionated.

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, back then it was a nice surprise to see soap actors in commercials.

I remember in a magazine interview Helen Gallagher said she would love to do commercials --but said they would never hire her. OTOH, Malcolm Groome stated he would never do commercials.