Y&RWorldTurner

Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

1,584 posts in this topic

Even with all the changes the core of RH remains fairly intact until Kim eats the show (which is roughly around the time SF exits).

Where RH really begins to lose itself is after something happens to a certain character in Kim's orbit. After that the show becomes a bad imitation of GH.

Edited by DeeeDee

1 hour ago, DeeeDee said:

Even with all the changes the core of RH remains fairly intact until Kim eats the show (which is roughly around the time SF exits).

Where RH really begins to lose itself is after something happens to a certain character in Kim's orbit. After that the show becomes a bad imitation of GH.

Indeed.

Had Kim been played by a competent actress (like a young Andrea Evans, Tricia Cast or Marcy Walker) I could've liked her.

But Kelli Maroney was like nails on a chalkboard during her tenure on the show. 

I completely agree about Maroney - I do not enjoy her as an actress at all. I felt the same way about Ilene, too. I couldn't stand her acting as Delia, but I loved the character. I feel the same way about Kimberly. I freaking LOVE that character. Well, I love to HATE that character is how I should put it. Part of my continued tuning in is "Ooooooo, what kind of trouble is Kimberly going to get into/stir up today??!!!"  Especially because, at least as of August 1980, she mostly causes trouble for Rae and Senaca, two people who DESPERATELY needed to be taken down a notch or 750, imo. 

11 hours ago, applcin said:

The Soapnet run would recycle at the very beginning of the Egyptian storyline.

Thanks for the info. Now, I'm curious about it. HAHA! Maybe, by the time I get through the SoapNet run, other episodes will have found their way to YouTube!

Ah, Tom. What a useless character. His death is still one of the more shocking moments that has stuck with me to this day. (Granted, I first saw it 2 years ago.) Does Roger ever see any consequence of killing him? Rae got her comeuppance but I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop for Roger. Does the series just ignore it from here on out?

I just watched Episode 1328. WOW! Those scenes between Jill and Faith could be used in acting classes. Faith really let. her. HAVE IT!!! I'm gonna have to watch that again. Jill certainly gives it back to Faith regarding her alcoholism. After Faith defiantly pours herself a glass of scotch and guzzles it, Jill crosses the room and pours her another, BIGGER, glass. Amazing. Everything is on all cylinders - the writing, the direction, the acting. Bravo, Ryan's Hope, Bravo.

And now Delia suspects about Barry and Lily. Thank God! I was worried they were going to end up getting married. I doubt Barry will get out of it - Delia is too clever these days. She's starting to put it together. I like where this all is going! Now onto Another World 1989 while I exercise.  

59 minutes ago, vetsoapfan said:

I loathed that weird opening of RH, with shots of generic, unknown models running around instead of featuring the regular cast members.

I prefer it to the last one - just Maeve and John with little Johnnie Ryan (who is much older than that at this point) in Sheep's Meadow.  But I think it mostly has to do with the fact that I like the updated theme tune, not necessarily all of the shots of perceived NYC life.