Y&RWorldTurner

Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

1,562 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2017 at 5:56 PM, safe said:

Tovah Feldshuh (Martha McKee #1)

She is well known even to this day as despicable defense attorney/later judge Danielle Melnick on the Law & Order franchise.

3 hours ago, Wendy said:

She is well known even to this day as despicable defense attorney/later judge Danielle Melnick on the Law & Order franchise.

Not to mention her role on The Walking Dead and her wonderful job playing opposite Larry Bryggman as Dr.Bethany Rose on ATWT.

7 hours ago, Wendy said:

She also plays Rachel's mom on Crazy Ex Girlfriend. She's had two hysterical songs so far.

She's in this one, but it's mostly Patti Lupone singing: 

This one is all her and it is amazing: 

Edited by GH_Girl

On 6/21/2015 at 9:40 PM, safe said:

Tovah Feldshuh (Martha #1) & Daniel Hugh-Kelly (Frank #3) as bookstore owner ( a store specializing in mysteries) Laura Ireland, and her husband, a police officer, Lou Ireland, in the TV pilot, Murder Ink, (1983)

DHK%20amp%20TF_zpshcg5jl2r.jpg

Another photo of Daniel and Tovah (with Ron McLarty)

DHK%20TF%20RM_zpsehnnvdbt.jpg

Jenny Rebecca Dweir (little Ryan #2)  updated website for Karuna Healing and her psychotherapy practice in Colorado

https://www.jennyhecht.com/

A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” 

JRD_zpskyimzkj1.jpg

Jenny as Ryan

JRD_zpsiufmxnyl.jpg

Edited by safe

Helen Gallagher (Maeve) - A more recent photo from 2016 video about the HB Studios (HB Studio is one of the original New York acting studios) -- where Helen still teaches

_HG%20HB%20Studio%2070th%20Anniversary_z

I'm currently re-watching early RH on YT and it's so damn good it feels like the viewing equivalent of a good workout. "Here, sweetie, you're looking a little wan, have some Ryan's Hope to add pep to your step."

The Frank/Jill/Seneca and Delia/Pat/Faith stories feel like real stories driven by the characters, not exercises in geometry. Such great writing, such a strong cast. Amazing.

I just had to go somewhere to write this where someone would appreciate it.  I just finished watching episode 1294 -  OH MY GOD!!  Such a great soap. I was on my feet yelling at the TV "Is this really happening?!" Kim finally gave Frank and Jillian EVERYTHING! I said out loud, to no one but my dog, "That means tomorrow - we're going to see Frank confront Rae...and that means that, holy crap, July is going to be an intense sweeps month for Ryan's Hope!" I actually force myself to only watch one episode a day M-F (unless I'm behind) - it's how I've watched the whole thing and I've never been so tempted to just go ahead and watch another episode.  But that's why I love soaps...the suspense waiting for it.

Kudos to the writers for using this a reason for Jill to have to go to London with KJG alone. I'm warming to him - I certainly find the actor charming. So I guess I can see why Jillian does too. I suspect he's dying or something though.

Also, I'm afraid I may be seeing Sarah Felder's final scenes as Siobhan? She says she needs to get away for awhile and is going to visit Pat. I'm fear she's gonna come back with a new face.

1 hour ago, adrnyc said:

Also, I'm afraid I may be seeing Sarah Felder's final scenes as Siobhan? She says she needs to get away for awhile and is going to visit Pat. I'm fear she's gonna come back with a new face.

Yeah, that's it for Sarah. Someone who claimed to know Sarah had posted on the SOAPnet forum and said Sarah found out she was being let go when she saw "Siobhan" actresses around the studio there to audition. 

Siobhan ( played by Ann Gillespie) returns home in January of 1981 

3 hours ago, safe said:

Yeah, that's it for Sarah. Someone who claimed to know Sarah had posted on the SOAPnet forum and said Sarah found out she was being let go when she saw "Siobhan" actresses around the studio there to audition. 

Siobhan ( played by Ann Gillespie) returns home in January of 1981 

Thanks for letting me know. At least there's a half a year in between the switch, unlike the Mary's or the Frank's! Perhaps it will give me some time to "grieve". I really loved her Siobhan. And perhaps I'll like others. I didn't mind a couple of the Mary's so much, and Frank has gotten better with each recast so far as I'm concerned. I'm sad I'll never get to see this Siobhan and Jack get something started. 

Gillespie's Siobhan is SO different than Sarah Felder's.

Felder's Siobhan was a free spirit, Gillespie's Siobhan was a generic ingenue.

On 6/24/2017 at 5:46 PM, safe said:

Helen Gallagher (Maeve) - A more recent photo from 2016 video about the HB Studios (HB Studio is one of the original New York acting studios) -- where Helen still teaches

_HG%20HB%20Studio%2070th%20Anniversary_z

Anyone know where to view the video???

9 hours ago, John said:

Anyone know where to view the video???

Helen is only seen for a few seconds at approx. 3:04

On 6/18/2017 at 10:09 AM, safe said:

Oh, and that was Ed Crowley in that 1982 St. Patrick's Day episode beginning at approx. 14:40 He had previously played OBGYN Dr. Wolf  to all the pregnant women on RH and was now playing a different character associated with Ox Knowles (Will Patton)

Thanks for identifying the actor playing Charlie. I've been trying to identify him for a long time!