• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Hello there!  I'm new to the board.  MAJOR Dynasty fan.  Watched Season 6-9 and The Colbys as they aired when I was in high school and have bought all of the DVDs are rewatched in my adulthood.  That final season of the show is one of my very favorites. It seems to be quite controversial on the board though!  Yes, the budget is clearly gone and Alexis and Krystle are missing for most of the season, but the storytelling gets back on point, and it has Stephanie Beacham.  Love it!!

• Members

Based on the scenes ive seen of the final season...Its sad Fallon wasnt written like this before season 9 while Emma Samms played the part...since shes quite good at the sarcasm.

Does anyone think the show could have truly survived into the 90s even if ratings hadnt dropped so much in the final season and an improvement in the show?

• Members

Yes but I think that beautiful slip-on case, all the pics and episode descriptions cannot be beat by those grey discs and the simple plastic case we are likely to get. I do hope they use some new pictures in the back cover, though, and am likely to get this release to put along the original one.

• Members

I have the original Fox release, too, and the general packaging was gorgeous. The CBS cover looks almost the same, but the original Fox release used the actual Dynasty font and the photos of Blake, Krystle, and Alexis were displayed in a way that kinda alluded to the opening credits.

I hate the fact that CBS dropped the ball on extras after the S1 had some pretty good little special features.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I totally remember watching those Blondie and Dagwood, and Cathy specials that night, trippy.

Geesh, I'm a little annoyed by how Laurin won't let up with the salacious line of questioning.  Sure, Joan's partially responsible for her public image and she made loads of money thanks to it, but still...  At any rate, Joan handles it well but one can sense that the Joan=Alexis cliché has become a little tiresome for her at this point.