Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

So true, and I think I mentioned this a few months back, but Bogle talks about that in one of his books. How insulting it is for Dominique to say things like "finally feeling at home with her REAL family" and whatnot. I get the need for acceptance, but how can you just diss your mother's family who raised you like that?

GL, ugh, soooo disappointing. I'd like to see more of the original s/l though with Alex and Alan in Barbados with Brandon, Sharina, and Victoria. I've seen clips of Victoria on YouTube, she was played by Kim Hamilton.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

When I was watching that earlier, I truly wondered how often slaps like that happen IRL. :P Like at big galas and such. I feel like if it happens today, it's a direct connect to the Dynasty influence. But it's true, people did used to hit people more often back in the day and get away with it before everyone got so sue happy.

• Members

Oh cool! Thanks! Now, this story must have been flashback heavy, right? I ask because they hired younger actors and put them in all that old age makeup. I didn't watch GL growing up and I first read about this story in a magazine in my teens and the pic of Brandon and Sharina was of the actors as their real age, I'm assuming for a flashback scene.

• Members

I don't ever remember hearing about a lot of flashbacks but I thought I did see a photo of a younger Brandon Spaulding (the guy out of old age makeup I guess).

They rewrote Brandon's history so many times, and yet never did anything with it. This, and then Amanda being his daughter. If you're going to rewrite history so drastically at least do something with it.

I think the idea of this story is in some way touching, although I wish they hadn't killed off Hillary.

I was going to say they should have had a black Bauer but then I remembered Leah. Apparently they did have black Bauers, and they just aged very, very quickly...

• Members

So weird, as I was saying, I only knew about this story through synopses and a couple of pics and I was a little puzzled by that pic of Brandon and Sharina looking no older than Alan and Alex (just looked it up, and as a matter of fact, Janet League was five years younger than Beverlee, only six years older than Kim). But I was SUPER puzzled when I saw this black and white pic of Sharina and Brandon having tea in some of the most obvious old age makeup I have ever seen. So weird, there was no one older who could have played these parts??

• Members

ETA: Oh, okay, in this one whatshername is having one of her visions and young Brandon and Sharina are wearing what they had on in that pic I was talking about.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Members

I always thought it was odd too, although I do remember one shot of a younger Brandon, so maybe there were flashbacks.

It must have been shocking for viewers at the time because they saw Brandon die in 1979 or 1980. And at this time soaps didn't do things like this very often.

I guess Brandon and Victor Lord kept trying to top each other...

Edited by CarlD2

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I randomly started watching this show recently on youtube. i am into season 5, and its really good.

Joan Collins is fantastic. Linda Evans? Oh dear god i cant even...

Pamala Sue Martin was fantastic in the early seasons. I Love the Steven recast, and his relationship with Billy Campbull is really sweet. I hate his wife, mostly due to the actress.

• Members

You mean Claudia? I always had a bit of a soft spot for her. She was so average compared to everyone else around her and that obviously drove her nuts. She had this very weird, dreamlike quality about her. She would have been great as a psycho, the show's version of Jill Bennett or Julia Cumson.

• Members

You should watch the 2009 Emmerdale episodes with Max Caulfield, he still looked pretty good (bad rug aside).

The average, boring stuff was killed off Dynasty after the first season but I thought Claudia was a good contrast. Both she and Krystal were very common, low class figures, awkward in their designer clothes. That's why their friendship was believable.

• Members

Thats Max Caulfield on Dynasty? I LOVE him! Had no idea. I also love Billy Campbull and had no idea he had a gay love story with that dad from heroes. Gosh, i love the internet. and hulu.

THIS is so true! Thank you. I couldnt figure out why i HATED them both so much until right now. I dont even think its the acting anymore.

• Members

Billy Campbell was very sweet on Dynasty. Jack Coleman always looked uncomfortable in this role but I liked Steven and Luke together. Naturally Luke is killed, but at least he got to die with Ali Macgraw...

I haven't seen the Dynasty/Colby crossovers in years. Were they well done or did they seem clumsy to you?