Melrose Place

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Just finished the third season. That finale was the BEST episode EVER. Actually, it may have been one of the best season finales I've ever seen on any show. The endings with Jake and his brother falling from the platform and then everyone finding out about the bombs before Kimberly runs out with the detonater "It's not what you think...it's worse!" FREEZE FRAME. I got CHILLS!

• Members

NOTHING beats the season 3 finale. That was Melrose at its absolutely peak. Be prepared to see the show slowly go downhill after that as you really cant top that. Season 4 is still pretty great but things decline fast in season 5 as more than half of the core characters exit. That will really leave a hole in MP

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

And remember, that was not the original season finale. It had to be re-edited at the last minute because of the Oklahoma City bombing a month before. FOX considered dropping the plot completelty and reshooting, but it was too expensive. This is one time that I think a cliffhanger was more suspenseful by NOT showing what happened. All My Children also had to re-edit a bomb plot, though in that case, it was excised altogether.

• Members

If I remember correctly, they postponed the actual explosion for the beginning of the next season. And I agree, it really did work for the best. That ending was cliffhanger genius.

Meanwhile, just finished Season 4. Was the Richard cliffhanger shocking if one was unspoiled about it? I enjoyed the Jane/Sydney stuff and it was a fun episode, but Jo/O'Malley? Ugh. Not terribly excited with Kimberly's condition but it was OK. The most exciting stuff was Amanda marrying Peter and then finding out that's not him! I had no idea lol Will be starting Season 5 soon.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Four episodes into Season 5 and I am absolutely. loving it. The new characters so far, Kyle, Taylor and Samantha are amazing, each of them unique in their own way (well, Kyle maybe less so, but he's great to look at). The pace has slowed down a bit, there's more character moments, it's well-plotted and it has synergy. Really happy about it until now. Not too excited about Samantha being paired with Billy. She's so light and fun and I feel he's going to drag her down. But Taylor is brilliant. Lisa Rinna's the [!@#$%^&*] (I never thought I would say that!) and the way they're playing with her and her past with Peter is brilliant. Just cannot wait to see where this goes.

• Members

Enjoy it while it lasts bc there will be a MASS exodus by the end of the season. It was realy jarring to take in during the initial run and MP never recovered from that. The first half of season 5 is most definetly the strongest but there will be several big exits which will end up hurting it

• Members

I am rewatching it and Season 4 sucked big time and I stopped after a few episodes of Season 5. I cant stand it. But I did watch it the first time around. After watching the first three seasons I can't just get into this season 5. Season 4 killed me. IMO The first three were the best with three being the best of all. I love the story of Billy and Alison!!

My thoughts excatly and its so true. The first three are the best and season 4 was a complete drag

• Members

Season 6 was a huge disappointment. Season 7 improved a lot, IMO.

Seasons 2, 3 & 4 are my favorite seasons. I haven't watched Season 5 all the way through, but I like a lot of it. Season 1 was good in a different way in that it really set up who the characters were, even if the first half of that season were "stories of the week" with some lingering plotlines. It wasn't until Amanda and then Kimberly and even Sydney appeared that season when things started to become really interesting and take off.

• Members

18 episodes into season 5 and I am really enjoying it. More character driven. It's more about relationships this season. Lisa Rinna's character annoys the hell out of me this time around. I love Megan and Samantha and Craig. I also love this story of lovers and friends with Amanda/Peter/Sydney/Taylor/Craig/Kyle. just love them.

Jane had a very nice send off. The cast of season 5 was huge. I guess this was a transitional season as a lot of folks left. It seems Jake and Ali are next. Kyle's brother just came on. I think I remember he and Taylor had an affair or something before.

Anyway, Im still enjoying it. I've gotten used to the slower pacing and more character driven stories.

• Members

Episode 23 of season 5 and man is it good. Jack and Taylor's affair just popped. This story was nicely built up this season with a nice climax. Kimberly's story is getting stupid with this cancer. I wonder if the writers got inspiration for their stories from Rielly at Days. Lot's of love triangles with villains keeping the "couple" apart. I still can't stand Taylor. They've really pulled back from showing Billy/Alison/ and Jake.