Melrose Place

• Replies 952
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I just bought season four on DVD(came out 4/15) and this box and menu art is absolutely awful. The set also doesn't have any special features. If I didn't love this season so much or get it ten dollars less than the actual price I'd march right back over to Best Buy and ask for my money back. The episodes are great though, I just got done with the first disk and absolutely love seeing the show again. I hated Brooke when the show first aired but now for some reason I'm finding myself enjoying her! Right now she's blackmailing Amanda, and Antonio Sabato JR just showed up as Amanda's not so ex husband Jack. Uh and I forgot that this was the season Jane became a real bitch.

Edited by detroitpiston

• Members

I think I was the only person that loved Brooke from teh getgo. They really ruined her towars teh end though having her go all nutso and pathetic.

Jane wasnt a real bitch in this season. That didnt happen till season 5. She got more of an edge in season 4, but she already had that since season . Season 5 was where I could actually say she's crossing on evil territory, plotting and manipulating like Sydney and Amanda

• Members

I hated Brooke when I saw the show originally, but seeing it now in reruns, enjoying Kristen Davis, I do enjoy her Melrose run now... although I have to admit, I didn't think her acting was all that great, especially when she's introduced at the end of season 3.

As I'm watching Melrose now in the middle of its 6th season, I remember why I lost interest. It became such a messy nothingness with Peter, Lexie, and her father... Sam lusting after Dan Gauthier's character... the awful mess of faux-Christine, with Taylor and Nick pulling the strings... Oy, such messiness! And Michael and his latest scheme at opening a clinic. I don't even remember this plot, but it's ridiculous.

I think where they went wrong started in Season 5 when their cast size inflated and the stories were so rushed and plot-driven. At one point in season 5/6, it was just endless marital affairs and "sexy Melrose music" anytime two people were having sex that shouldn't be having sex. Plot, plot, plot and all very rushed, rushed, rushed.

I'll stick it out through the end of season 7, but I see now why I started doing other things (surfing the net, etc.) while the episodes aired originally in '98-'99 instead of paying close attention to the show.

• Members

I didn't think KD was that bad. Her best acting moment on the show was when she found out Hayley died and when she's about to die in the pool.

Speaking of bad actors, Andrew Shue(Billy) was just plain awful! Uh, I remember during his last season you could tell he wasn't even trying to act.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I believe Andrew Shue was the last-moment replacement when an actor they hired gained a bit of weight. I guess they were looking for someone who looks great, without caring for his acting skills.

Amanda :wub: Alison :wub: Sydney :wub: Kimberly :wub:

• 2 weeks later...