Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Members

Well that was stupid that Pam Long didn't see her as a heroine AND a vamp character too b/c Reva was a heroine and smutty too, and that was Pam Long's greatest creation. Maybe this is why he possible did wanna do that b/c she'd assume people would think that she was trying to do Reva over again, which isn't bad. All great writers borrow from their previous works. 

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That storyline was the Dobsons.  People complain about their second tenure and I really don't get it.  They managed to keep me invested in the show for the first 8 months after Marcy left, which was no easy feat.  They also created a new heroine that I fell in love with- Angela!

• Members

Holy crow that song. I was watching the first couple months of SB on You Tube a while back and it was like every other scene that song played! I liked Kelly and Joe but good lord it doesn't need to be every time they see or think about each other.

• Members

Lynn Harbaugh played Lisa on Y&R... latest?cb=20121020201237&path-prefix=fr

I didn't initially think of them as resembling each other. Now looking closely, I see that there's something with the eyes. But Lynn had this Stevie Nicks / Gypsy vibe...

What would have been better is if they'd found Carrington Garland about 9 months sooner - and kept her about 16 months longer!

• Members

Oh good another temp recast. I always enjoy those. He has an...interesting interpretation. Who is the actor? He could have fit in on Sledge Hammer. He also has the "dirty hot" vibe...

This must have been strike material.

I swear any time I see a clip from 86-88 there is Tori with that awful quavering voice. So many wonderful characters had no chance on SB and she just dragged on and on and on.

• Members

Thanks. The uploader told me too. They should have had him come back instead of the other recast a few years later. 

Watching the full clip, Tori/Kristen Meadows is a lot better in the last segments where she nearly tells Cruz the truth and then holds Samantha. I wish she had been like that more often.