Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Santa Barbara is a hard soap for me to get into. But i have been enjoying the episodes from late 1989. I like the rivalry between Gina and Laura. I find Ethan hot but dull but he did have chemistry with Gina and Laura. Walker,Martinez,Born and  Carrington are mesmerizing to watch. The canvas is very small for an hour soap. The Capwell's lacked warmth as a family unite. It's strange watching a soap with only one core family. In 1990 Mack. Ric, Sasha, Laura, Bunny and Phyllis are gone. The revolving door of characters really hurt SB. Another World also had this problem. But they were still smart enough to hold on to characters like Cass, Felicia and Donna to just name a few.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Victoria, the early years had a few families, the Lockridge clan was taken apart an rebuilt a lot. The Andrades dwindled to Santana and Rosa, with the Castillos becoming more prominent. The Perkins were gone mostly within a year. Gina's family, the Blakes, ebbed and flowed. Sister Summer was quickly murdered, Brother Mack came along for a while. Mom Phyllis, well, Stella Stevens was on and off for a bit. Niece Hayley was raped, then killed, and her daughter Lily left and came back. 

The one family, made up of orphans, Steven, Ethan, Craig, Robert and Derek wanted revenge, but I considered them a family. Finally, there was the last breath family of Jodie and Reese Walker. They weren't on long before cancellation.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That has actually always been the story, part of it anyway.   JFP got them 2-3 episodes working together, which A & Marcy had been requesting.  It was a sequence where they got locked in a room together.   However, Marcy Walker wrote their backstory herself, their breakup on the Orient Express, etc...   It was a collaboration and JFP championed them.  In the original bible, it was intended to pair Cruz with Santana and Eden with Warren.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Actually Robert wasn't part of that storyline. It was Steven, Ethan, Craig, Derek and Cassandra. The 'boys' wanted revenge for Cassie for something or other regarding the Capwells of course. She in turn sabotaged all their efforts because she was in love with Mason. It was such a ball of confusion and nothingness.