• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

I didn't post it in here because frankly it's difficult to post anywhere even once here now, but the Vincent Irizzary interview I put in the GL thread has extensive talk about his run on SB. Basically he says he only joined the show for money, he was the last character created by the Dobsons, and he only stayed as long as he did because of the triangle he was in, and then when he did sign a new contract, they barely gave him anything to do. He also basically said the only reason he didn't regret being on the show was that he found a wife and daughter (although the wife part didn't last much longer...).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I've just watched Santa Barbara's very first week of episodes, and it was fun seeing how they set it all up. (I did enjoy the flashbacks to Channing's murder echoed in another party in the present day).

But my goodness, the scenes between Santana Andrade and her mother Rosa are atrocious! Mainly thanks to Rosa's dialogue:

(Re. Santana and Channing) ROSA: 'What else is there? Tell me, Santana. You weren't secretly married or anything?'

This habit she has of mentioning her daughter's name over and over again drove me nuts!

SANTANA: 'I'm so angry. Angry at myself, at CC, at having my baby taken away from me!'

ROSA: [CONSOLING] 'Santana'

SANTANA: 'There's only one thing that I can do. And that is to get my baby back.'

ROSA: [REGRETFUL]  'Oh, Santana, Santana.'

Just awful!