Sunset Beach Discussion Thread

• Members

Sara for me was so f*cking dull and just BLAH. The only good thing she ever did was when she and Maria would go at it or when she would hurl insults at Tess.

You wanna talk about a great role for Shawn Batten? That was her role as Natalia on MTV's Spyder Games. She was, from the start, a lead actress.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm really enjoying the earthquake storyline so far. I know people hated the fact that none of the major characters died, but I could care less. It's been done really well. The only boring part is Dana/Meg telling each other stories while being trapped (that's the only part I keep FFing). Michael/Vanessa and the Richards/Deschanel clan is really great.

The boat people are all still safe, but I'm sure I'll enjoy that as well.

Francesca seems very intriguing for now.

It's really weird seeing how these writers never intended to hide the reveals. From the very beginning it was obvious that Emily is Bette's daughter, and that Dana is Maria. There's like a 9,000 hints all around.

• Members

The cruise part of the story is even better than the stuff on land. NBC packaged those episodes into a condensed one hour primetime event which was effectively done well.

Francsesca wasnt so bad at first but she eventually gets annoying

Emily....boring. I rooted for Amy to torture her.

Funny you say that abou Dana bc dont expect for the truth to be revealed anytime soon. I rememebr they dragged this ut for months, which seems ridiculous considering, Meg is engaged to her husband.

• Members

[quote name='Cheap21' date='18 December 2010 - 01:23 PM' timestamp='1292696639' post='907724'

Emily....boring. I rooted for Amy to torture her.

Funny you say that abou Dana bc dont expect for the truth to be revealed anytime soon. I rememebr they dragged this ut for months, which seems ridiculous considering, Meg is engaged to her husband.

Yes, Amy is finally getting into her own now on the boat. She was more peaceful before. Spoiled, yes, but not a vixen.

Yeah, I do love the show, but the dragging out part will be long. Also, the Derek storyline went on for too long as well.

• Members

I was one of those people, but the fact that it was all produced really well (the best soap quake I've seen) is a saving grace. It's just a shame they couldn't keep that momentum after it all ended. Also, the time line really screwed with the other stories, and confessed the hell out of Vanessa's pregnancy - in RT she should've been, like 5/6 months gone, but they decided to keep the 2 month earthquake as one day so they could match when Vanessa & Tyus didn't do the deed. And ITA, those Dana/Meg scenes were boring.

I preferred the earthquake to the tsunami, as I felt that played too much on the Poseidon Adventure, and I knew how it was all gonna play out. The Cole/Caitlin/Francesca/Philip stuff was good though. The quake wasn't as predictable, and I generally prefer quake drama to capsized ships.

Francesca was awesome. Nothing about her was annoying; in fact, she made a lot of other characters interesting, like AJ, Caitlin, and brought out a side to Antonio we hadn't seen. I loved their history, and the jealousy that Francesca had towards Gabi after seeing that tape.

• Members

Francesca grew stale and annoying to me bc she was so one note. It was the same stuff with her, making threats and trying to cause trouble without actually doing much. Annie was a mroe effective villian than she was. I was glad by the time they got rid of her bc the character bugged me

• Members

True. Even now (as I watch) I think that if someone major died it would have even more of a devastating impact. But nonetheless...

The timeline really was screwed up. Derek took over for Ben in February and after that only a few days passed, but it all stretched until July... it was all very weird. Still, they couldn't match Passions' way to extend days.

• Members

I have to comment on those hilarious voice-overs that each episode of Sunset Beach had during the closing credits in Britain. The commentator was hilarious with his notes and the viewers with their poems about the characters. I never used to laugh so much while watching a soap opera. :lol:

• Members

One of the Weeklys from the few months before SuBe began mentioned that one rule for Sunset Beach was no Santa Barbara actors were to be cast. I guess that went away by the time Gordon Thomson was hired.

They also said that the show was working hard to get Keith Hamilton Cobb cast on the show. I wonder if that would have been in the role Jason George played? I liked Jason so I'm glad he got the role.