Sunset Beach Discussion Thread

• Members

Well, ever since I got a chance to watch the show from the very beginning, I have to admit I've been abusing the chance to just do the episode counts - meaning that I haven't watched so much of the show and instead just focused on doing the episode counts. I've pretty much fast-forwarded to around episode 120 because I've watched the first 120 episodes multiple times and I knew everything that was going on.

It was great fun to revisit the first storylines - the unsuccessful Rae/Casey pairing, Del's murder mystery, Paula getting kidnapped, Cole revealed as Elaine's son, and multiple similar storyline... and I've got to admit that after episode 100 is where it becomes more interesting. Just to make a note - Ashley Hamilton was horrible as Cole, not just because Cibrian owns the role, but because Hamilton didn't seem to know how to act at all. Plus, this new Tiffany Thorne is all kinds of horrible (and Adrienne Frantz was SO playing Amber even before she joined B&B).

The best part of the show was the reveal of Del's killer, Annie getting cremated, Caitlin and Cole escaping from Sunset Beach - and pretty much anything connected to Bette!

Now I'm around episode 120, as I've said, and this is where my FF session will stop for awhile and I'll get to enjoy more of the stuff ... this is also the time when the theme song will change, and I absolutely loved the second theme song. Of course, I might just continue FFing later if I find something boring.

And, the part that I'm looking forward the most is the Terror Island storyline which is where I stopped watching the show because my country didn't buy new episodes, and then pretty much the entire 1998 and 1999.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That's because many major affiliates didn't carry SUN (St Louis, Detroit to name a couple)in the beginning and the ones that did moved it to 2AM oblivion not long after. I'm pretty sure SUN aired in St Louis for not much longer than 1 full year before being banished to the post Last Call with Adam Curry slot. Passions was had 90 some odd percent coverage from jump.

Edited by juniorz1

• Members

I agree, though I won't deny that it bothered me to no end that NBC canned SB in 1993 only to bring on a soap a few years later with the same initials, set in a beach town in California, with a rich upper class family & a well-to-do Latino family with the sexy brother being a cop (!) to boot.

But the similarities really end there. Look no further than Margarita Cordova as SB's Rosa and Margarita Cordova as SUN's Carmen as evidence of that.

• Members

I agree, though I won't deny that it bothered me to no end that NBC canned SB in 1993 only to bring on a soap a few years later with the same initials, set in a beach town in California, with a rich upper class family & a well-to-do Latino family with the sexy brother being a cop (!) to boot.

But the similarities really end there. Look no further than Margarita Cordova as SB's Rosa and Margarita Cordova as SUN's Carmen as evidence of that.

• Members

Annie found love with Jude, played by Sean Kanan. I still remember them doing it to Santana's "Smooth" before the song became popular. But Meh. It should have been Tim & Annie together in the end. Why SUN never went there I'll never understand (best chemistry ever). They even would have had a great couple name- Tannie! (please no Sarah Buxton jokes)

• Members

Oh damn, Annie is just so amazing. I haven't watched the show in awhile, so hearing her sarcastic comments and jokes if a breath of fresh air.

I don't think that there is a Kansas-related insult Annie didn't use while describing Meg. She's just amazing, just like her aunt Bette.

Annie :wub:

• Members

Tim was not leading man material. Annie was a much larger character than he was in so many ways. I dont think they had potential to be a big couple. Maybe a couple of nights of sex. Jude was a much better match for her in so many ways, but unfortunately he came on to late so their story was wrapped up rather quickly

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

From the 1/14/97 Soap Opera Weekly, Primedia, part two of the "who's who" on Sunset. I can't find the first part right now, sorry. If you've already seen this sorry about that too. The photos are just stock photos basically you might have already seen those, it's of the first Cole and Caitlin, Meg in her farm girl dress on the beach, Randy Spelling, and a B&W headshot of Priscilla Garita.

Edited by CarlD2