'Scrubs' moving to ABC

Y&RWorldTurner

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

^Jag went from NBC to CBS. Buffy from WB to UPN. Grounded for Life from Fox to WB. Sabrina went from ABC to WB.

There are a lot.

I think Charles In Charge & Mama's Family also switched networks. (if they didnt i think they were in syndication then got picked up by a network, like Baywatch did).

All went on to have many more seasons.

As for Braff, i wouldnt count him out for coming on for another season to give it an end. he was upset it was ending without an ending.

• Members

Scrubs was an ABC product initially, I think. They prepared it for syndication...but NBC has aired it all these years. You would think they might consider some NBC viewers slipping over to ABC to watch it instead of viewing whatever will replace it?

Monk was another show that found success on USA network, after ABC gave it a short run and took it off the schedule. Was it NBC or ABC that first aired JAG?

• Members

Scrubs was never produced just to go into syndication. ABC Studios (then Touchstone Studios) always produced it, and sold it to NBC from the beginning. Criminal Minds on CBS right now is another show produced by ABC Studios, one of several airing on the other four networks.

Monk was always a USA show, but it aired on ABC briefly (after it had begun airing on USA) as a summer show before NBC acquired USA Network. BTW, NBC first aired JAG, but it was then picked up by CBS.

It's hard to think of a show that changed networks that was as successful as JAG (several moved to first-run syndication successfully), although Father Knows Best did it way back in the 1950's, and My Three Sons in the 1960's (this may have been the most successful, running another 7 years on CBS after its initial 5-year run on NBC). Plenty have done it only to last but one more season, like The Bionic Woman, Taxi, The Hogan Family, and Diff'rent Strokes, among many others.

Archived