Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

BREAKING NEWS: List of 'Financial Core' Writers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
190 replies to this topic

#21 Kennylicious

Kennylicious

Days of Our Lives

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (Toups @ Feb 13 2008, 01:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Corday's paying for three HWs (Reilly, Sheffer, Kelly) - un-freakin-belieavable!!

Budget crisis my busted white ass.

Don't forget the writer he's likely paying under the table to write through her pussyfied husband.

#22 Ryan

Ryan

SITC

• Members
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (Toups @ Feb 13 2008, 01:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
LOL You put it somewhere. I'm not good with HTML. laugh.gif

Done smile.gif

#23 brimike

brimike

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,342 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 01:52 PM

QUOTE (Kennylicious @ Feb 13 2008, 01:50 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Budget crisis my busted white ass.

Don't forget the writer he's likely paying under the table to write through her pussyfied husband.

Right. So that's FOUR head writers.

And if what Melissa Salmons said on deadlinehollywooddaily is true, that means Dena, Hogan and Meg cannot continue in their jobs. So if that does come to pass, then there will be a FIFTH head writer.

So let's first cut the vets, then fire the whole writing team, and now embroil yourself in a union scandal. Good going, Ken.

#24 Kubla Khan

Kubla Khan

Contract

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:06 PM

I believe FiCore members can continue in their jobs post-strike. They went FiCore within the guild rules. The problem is if networks want to keep them employed. The WGA doesn't view FiCore members favorably, and networks might want to dump FiCore members to keep the WGA happy.

Dena didn't go FiCore. She is a full WGA member. There are ahem, rumors that she scabbed at Days, but innocent until proven guilty, right?

#25 Tishy

Tishy

Veteran

• Members
  • 3,439 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

I guess it's easy to guess who wears the pants in the Higley family.

I can't believe Corday. He is paying for at the very least, three HWs. So does firing the rest of the staff balance the bottom line? Corday is a freakin idiot

#26 Kyle

Kyle

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 6,024 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:07 PM

I really hope B&E are gone!!!

#27 Kennylicious

Kennylicious

Days of Our Lives

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (brimike @ Feb 13 2008, 01:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And if what Melissa Salmons said on deadlinehollywooddaily is true, that means Dena, Hogan and Meg cannot continue in their jobs. So if that does come to pass, then there will be a FIFTH head writer.

No, I think that Dena would be able to keep writing for the show, since she never 'officially' went fi-core. Having her write secretly (through her husband) while paying her under the table (which I'm sure happened) was his way of ensuring she'd be able to come back officially and keep writing the show post-strike while Hogan/Meg were out on their asses.

I dunno. The legal details of everything confuses me. All I know is that the material we've been seeing for the last few weeks has been all 100% Higley -- even if it is through her husband.

God. Can you believe that Hogan was willing to go fi-core for the show and Corday just told him to sit at home?!

Edited by Kennylicious, 13 February 2008 - 02:13 PM.

#28 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:11 PM

DAYS can't afford to bring another Head Writer on board, so they'll have to make due with what they have, which is Dena Higley. Doesn't anyone find it funny that Dena was hired before the strike and she wasn't fired along with the other writers? Also, it's yet to be proven that she went Fi-Core or scabbed, as long as Corday wants her there, she has a job, regardless of what the WGA thinks.

With Hogan now at Fi-Core status at the WGA, that pretty much kills any chance of him being named Head Writer at any other show I believe.

I'm interested in the Y&R situation as well, if Latham does in fact return, will those 17 other writers all be back as well? Also, if Latham and her team are not returning, who will be the new Head Writer and who are the writers that will be hired as apart of the show's new writing team?

Hopefully, we get official word on what is happening at DAYS and Y&R soon....

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 February 2008 - 02:14 PM.

#29 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:13 PM

QUOTE (Kubla Khan @ Feb 13 2008, 02:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I believe FiCore members can continue in their jobs post-strike. They went FiCore within the guild rules. The problem is if networks want to keep them employed. The WGA doesn't view FiCore members favorably, and networks might want to dump FiCore members to keep the WGA happy.

Dena didn't go FiCore. She is a full WGA member. There are ahem, rumors that she scabbed at Days, but innocent until proven guilty, right?

Yep, and let's not forget that the Fi-Core writers were stripped of their WGA Award nominations...

#30 Southofnowhere

Southofnowhere

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,792 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:15 PM

So since even though he went Fi-core Sheffer didn't write so will that keep him from being blackballed?

#31 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

Victor Gialanella and Mark Christopher Higley were pushing Dena's agenda at DAYS, plain and simple. This doesn't hinder Dena's status with the WGA, I expect an announcement from Corday Productions/NBC soon with Dena being named the new Head Writer of DAYS.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 February 2008 - 02:24 PM.

#32 Ryan

Ryan

SITC

• Members
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Kennylicious @ Feb 13 2008, 02:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, I think that Dena would be able to keep writing for the show, since she never 'officially' went fi-core. Having her write secretly (through her husband) while paying her under the table (which I'm sure happened) was his way of ensuring she'd be able to come back officially and keep writing the show post-strike while Hogan/Meg were out on their asses.

I dunno. The legal details of everything confuses me. All I know is that the material we've been seeing for the last few weeks has been all 100% Higley -- even if it is through her husband.

God. Can you believe that Hogan was willing to go fi-core for the show and Corday just told him to sit at home?!

That really has me upset. You have a guy who basically gave up being a full member of the guild to write for a show that he loves only to be told to stay home. What a big slap in the face.

#33 Days4Life

Days4Life

Contract

• Members
  • 722 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

I can't wrap my mind around this...so Hogan and Kelley went fi-core, thereby damaging their careers and losing their status with the WGA, FOR NOTHING? Because Corday in his brilliance chose to pay them to sit around NOT writing? And Dena did not go fi-core and has not been acknowledged as scabbing so she may come out of this with the HW job? Although we know she's most likely been ghost writing through her husband? Unbelievable!

#34 Kennylicious

Kennylicious

Days of Our Lives

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Ryan Chandler @ Feb 13 2008, 02:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That really has me upset. You have a guy who basically gave up being a full member of the guild to write for a show that he loves only to be told to stay home. What a big slap in the face.

Hey Ryan. Wanna head to Burbank Studios together? We can take turns shoving a foot up Corday's retarded ass. We could make a fun little trip out of it! tongue.gif

#35 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:30 PM

One thing though, despite how crappy her writing is, that Dena Higley is one smart bitch... laugh.gif

#36 DaysForever

DaysForever

Contract

• Members
  • 786 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:31 PM

Oh my God...

Ken Corday is OFFICIALLY the worst executive producer in television history.

This just proves how loyal and how much Hogan loved DAYS. Can you imagine wanting to go Fi-Core for a show that you love only to be asked to stay home to be replaced with some awful writer?

Stupid, stupid, stupid...

Corday's paying at least three headwriters all at once... goodbye vets.

#37 Ryan

Ryan

SITC

• Members
  • 21,280 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (Kennylicious @ Feb 13 2008, 02:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hey Ryan. Wanna head to Burbank Studios together? We can take turns shoving a foot up Corday's retarded ass. We could make a fun little trip out of it! tongue.gif

You like first class? I got my credit card ready. Let me find my steel toe boots....dry.gif

#38 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:36 PM

Why does everyone think that Latham isn't returning to Y&R? I really think the more casual pace and more character-driven scenes have been a result of the show just trying to stall plot advancement until the strike's end, and not the result of TPTB wanting to hearken back to the Y&R of old. I'll guess we'll know pretty soon.

#39 Y&RWorldTurner

Y&RWorldTurner

Lifetimer

• Members
  • 20,210 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (LoyaltoAMC @ Feb 13 2008, 02:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why does everyone think that Latham isn't returning to Y&R? I really think the more casual pace and more character-driven scenes have been a result of the show just trying to stall plot advancement until the strike's end, and not the result of TPTB wanting to hearken back to the Y&R of old. I'll guess we'll know pretty soon.

Um, maybe it's more than just the writing changes that have happened on the show? Suddenly, after Latham's name was gone from the credits we started having some traditional Y&R close-up shots, flower shots, and window shots. We also got some shots of the exterior of the houses, namely the Abbott mansion and Newman estate. Also, all of the college rock background music Latham used was gone and we started getting some traditional classical gothic-style Y&R music back...

Why would all these changes coupled with the writing changes happen if something wasn't up? But as you said, we'll just have to wait and see.

Whatever, the case, people are taking to Josh Griffith and Maria Arena Bell's Y&R more than they did to Y&R in 2007 under Latham. The fact that Y&R pushed over 6 million total viewers last week should attest to that, something it never did in 2007.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner, 13 February 2008 - 02:42 PM.

#40 LoyaltoAMC

LoyaltoAMC

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,723 posts

Posted 13 February 2008 - 03:03 PM

Honestly, I think the flower shots, exteriors, flashbacks, etc, have just been the show's clever ways of padding the scripts. I mean, it must be tough for the 3 writers they have listed in the credits to churn out script after script. If I were Griffith, I'd add as many visual elements as possible to keep dialogue to a minimum. It's just hard to believe that TPTB had some nostalgic change of heart about the direction of show just as the strike was beginning. Again, we'll have to wait and see.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users