2008: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

I do believe it is time for ES to do a interview and to tell us what the hell is going on, becuase if Corday allows Higley to write for this show again after what she did the last time.....

Days may hit rock bottom again.

And that also tells you about a writer (Higley) who would cut her throat and cross HS just to come in and destroy Days again.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Here's my wish list...

GL-

David Kreizman last listed as Head Writer.

Ellen Wheeler last listed as Executive Producer.

David Shaughnessy first listed as Executive Producer.

Lorraine Broderick first listed as Co-Head Writer.

Wisner Washam first listed as Co-Head Writer.

Trent Jones first listed as Associate Head Writer.

Mike Cohen first listed as Script Writer.

• Members

I'll play along...

The first is not exactly a writer or director per se, but IMO "directs" too darn much

ABC Daytime

Brian Frons last listed as ABCD President on...

Felecia Behr first listed as ABCD President on...

All My Children

Julie Hanan Carruthers last listed as Executive Producer on...

Ginger Smith first listed as Executive Producer on...

Barbara Esensten & James Harmon Brown last listed as Co-Headwriters on...

Jeff Beldner & Michelle Patrick first listed as Co-Headwriters on...

Chip Hayes & Amanda L. Beall last listed as Associate Headwriters on...

Lorraine Broderick first listed as Associate Headwriter on...

Courtney Bugler, Rebecca Taylor, Ron Renauld & Marla Kanelos last listed as Scriptwriters on...

Frederick Johnson, Patrick Mulcahey, Mike Cohen & Judith Donato first listed as Scriptwriters on...

Richard Culliton first listed as Script Editor on...

• Members

Dena Higley's big return cracks me up! It just goes to show you that LML will either keep her job at Y&R or be involved in a powerful bidding war to take over an ABC soap or maybe one of the PGP ones. Once Megan McTavish is rested enough, her good friend Frons will probably help her out as well.

We've gotten some good news for soaps towards the end of the year so hopefully it'll continue. 2007 was such a disaster for soaps, I can't see how it could get worse. I'm just hoping for new, good HWs for AMC, ATWT, GH and Y&R with B&B maintaining it's quality.

• Members

Ok, just for clarification.

These are just people she is bringing with her to write during the strike, right? Also, if and when Hogan returns, she would be out of the guild and not able to write for a soap anymore or receive recognition for doing so, right?

Just confused. I am just very worried about this. This seems like such a Corday move giving her so much power. I thought Ed had more creative control but now I'm not so sure. I just wish we had some indication that Hogan and his team will actually be back in place after the strike. That I am very worried about because I don't want Higley hacking away everything the show has built up.

• Members

^Dena hasn't left the WGA or gone FiCore, or not that we know of. She was hired as Hogan's Co-Head Writer before we knew a strike was even going to happen, so she'll definitely still be his Co-Head Writer after the strike. When the strike's over, that's when we'll be seeing all of the people she's brought to the Days writing team credited.

• Members

Ok. I just was confused.

Well, if that is the case, why are people acting as if she is writing the show during the strike if she is also on strike? All over the net are stories about her reversing casting decisions and writing actual stories so that is why I got confused. Why is she bringing people to the writing team? Hogan is the head writer. I just don't get alot if this. If we are being told she is not FiCore and hasn't left the WGA then she can't be around to write either right now.

• Members

I figured that but with so much going on about Higley changing things it seemed like she was writing the whole show during the strike.

That and her bringing people to the writing team. How would she have authority to do that as a co-HW? Maybe if she was writing during the strike, sure, but we have no way to indicate she is.

• Members

Honestly Michael, at this point I want to see the words Guiding Light Cancelled!.

As much as I want some good writers and for PGP to let go of the Vulcan Death grip they have on the budget, I've conceded that that isn't gonna happen. So, at this point, why not end it and put the show out of its misery.

• Members

Dan, thank you.

I don't feel that way only about GL, but daytime in general. Just end it all. 2007 was a year of utter and complete disaster for daytime, and it's only going to get worse.

I love soaps, but at this point, I would like to see them end with some modicum of dignity rather than head even further into the utter-disaster zone they're lodged in now.

It seems, every year, I ask myself: "It can't get any worse, right?" And after every year, I'm proven wrong.

• Members

The thing is, we really don't know how long it's been since Dena's been hired, she still has yet to turn up on the credits. It seems as if Corday had been working on a deal with her prior to her ever joining the Days writing team again. All the weeks before the strike even happened, she must have been writing a soap Bible with Hogan and adding her own flavor to things. Also, since Dena has yet to be credited and probably won't until the strike ends, that means the people she's bringing on the team with her aren't going to be credited either and because of the strike she probably didn't get the chance to hire some other writers who'll probably join soon after the strike ends.

• Administrator

Really? What are people saying? Just curious. ;)

She's a Co-HW with "equal" status, like the way Brown/Esensten are. She's not a "lesser" Co-HW like the way Donna Swajeski is at GL. If you asked me, I'd say Dena has more power than Hogan. And I also don't think Hogan is going to be back after the strike.

Archived