All Soapsoperas:- If an actor, Actress has Plastic Surgery...

• Members

Amen.

Y&R's actresses get better looking with age.

Jess, Jeanne, Mel Scott, Vicki Rowell, Heather Tom, Marla Adams, Kim Brown, Tonya Williams, Alex Donnelly, Eileen Davidson, Tracey Bregman, Sharon Case, Lauralee Bell, Tricia Cast, Veronica Redd, Ashley Bashioum, Lauren Woodland, Lyndsy Fonseca, Beth Maitland...

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It seems the Y&R actresses know who does the best work because ALL of them look great. Not one of them looks botched. At ABC the inverse seems true, there is a lot more bad work at that network than anywhere else.

Hunter Tylo: Yes, definitely the worst (and saddest since she had nothing that needed fixing) case of plastic surgery.

As far as those who admit to Botox: Jennifer Bassey (I've read her denying a facelift...) and Lesley Anne Down (who responded "Bloody Hell Yes!" to the Botox question).

Jess Walton is a funny one, she looks flat out amazing and yet, I'm somewhat inclined to think that she hasn't had surgery because she has aged...just exceptionally well. Botox is certainly my thought but I'm thinking her clearly problem free skin has been helped along by Restylane.

Julia Barr also looks flawless and yet not 'done' in the least.

Very surprised about Kim Zimmer admitting to a facelift. Very surprised. Without being cold, I love Zimmer, it hasn't seemed to help her stave off aging.

Finally, on Robin Strasser's website she admits to the following: 2 breast implant surgeries, 1 eyejob and 1 neck lift. She says, point blank, that she is "the last of the divas of [her] generation to have not had a full facelift"

And you know when it comes to Susan Flannery...she may not have touched her face...but those gorgeous cat eyes of hers? Someone who I think never had any work was Darlene Conley, she just slapped on the makeup, wore something flashy, combed through her fantastic red hair and let her presence do the rest.

When it comes to result there are several influencing factors: the condition of the patient's skin is so important, those who were sun worshipers pay the price, their surgery or Botox or whatever will never look as good as someone who stayed out of the sun. A patient's weight, those who manage a steady weight have better skin elasticity and recover faster. Finally, the surgeon for obvious reasons.

I think the key to all of it is that the work is done well and that actresses don't look too 'done'. Even when that happens, however, if the actress can work her overdone look into the show by making her character bolder, brasher and sassier it can all work. When it comes to many of these actresses I think plastic surger is a somewhat forced issue. Would Leslie Charleson have had her (bad) facelift if ABC wasn't the most ageist network in daytime? The sad fact is that Hollywood hates looking old and it detests those who let themselves age. I happen to hate the ageism that has hit daytime, I think if people want to get work (like Jeanne Cooper did way back in 1984) then they should, but to feel that you'll lose your job or the love of the audience by naturally aging is offensive to me.

• Members

I agree. I hate that these gorgeous women, most of whom would have aged beautifully naturally, feel the need to get these surgeries. At ABC in particular, I'm sure the women feel a lot of pressure to look young to get stories. And it still doesn't work. My heart really goes out to them.

Really? That surprises me. In that case, her skin looks incredible. I think she looks fantastic.

• Members

I do not necessarily think it affects acting because, for a short period of time, they are not as able to emote much but once the surgery is put into place then the emoting becomes easier.

I think actresses like Deidre Hall, Susan Lucci, Erika Slezak, and Robin Strasser look great with work done while Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper look fairly good as well

Leslie Charleson, Jacklyn Zeman, and Hunter Tylo should never get surgery done ever again.

As for me, if I had the money and time, I would get work done as well.

• Members

You know you hardly see one actors or actress on english soaps, who actually has had any plastic surgery. Barbara Windsor( maybe), but for the others, Emmerdale, (cant think of anyone), Coronation Street (cant think of anyone).

June Brown who play Dot on Eastenders said when a reporter asked her about plastic surgery on her face, she said she was to old and that she where to look really strange in her coffin. Strange woman, huh.

But why is it such a difference in English Soaps and in American soaps, when it comes to plastic surgery, i usely think that english actors actresses are better, probaly because they never have plastic surgery done, they talk naturally, and look naturally something the americans would also without all the plastic surgeryö.:-

• Members

Well offcourse Lauren and Renee has had plastic surgery you only have to see the two women, they are in their fifties, Renee Jones, 49, but look at them look at their chins in their face, Laurens grows every year, and Renee looks younger nowadays then she did in Friday the 13th part six from the eighties...

• Members

Many previous responses are right on the money. I've had suspicions about Maura West's lips for a while, but they've been consistently pouty since she began on the show in 1995, and I've never seen them less full. I have seen Lisa Rinna's lips flatter than Ihop pancakes, though. :P

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Shell Kepler from GH. The last few times I saw her on the show were jarring, because it seemed like she had a procedure done that rendered her smiles to appear almost cramped. :huh:

Archived