Do you (or did you) watch telenovelas?

Sylph

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Dmarex, maybe you've watched the wrong ones. Our wonderful Croatian network buys only Brazilian historic novelas and that's why some people think (at least in my country) that Brazil makes only historic novelas, but that's not true. They make 2 historic novelas per year, the others are modern. As for "Celebridade", I liked it because of "Cachorra" (Bitch) Laura played by Claudia Abreu. I didn't like Malu Mader or Marcos Palmeira's performances. I watched another novela of Gilberto Braga, it's called "Paraiso Tropical" (Tropical Paradise). It was wonderful. Full of mystery, romance, comedy situations ecc.

@Sylph

You asked about Malu. Well, last year she was starring as a villain in "Eterna Magia" (Eternal Magic) along Thiago Lacerda and Maria Flor. It was a historic novela and it wasn't successful. Paulo Coelho, famous Brazilian writer, also starred on the show. This month, she got a villain role in the new Gloria Perez (The Clon, America) telenovela called "Caminho das Indias" (Indian Ways). I think she'll do great.

• Members

The fact is that I don't like historic novels. I remember watching O Rei Do Gado (not a historic novela) when I was young and it was actually quite food. I don't remember much of the show, except Bruno being left alone in the woods trying to survive. What a classic. I really don't remember anything else about it.

However, the only historic novela that I did like was Forca de um Deseo, even though I didn't watch it entirely. And I found some bits of Terra Nostra entertaining (like that freaky old man, or that other dude that was sleeping with a woman who was cooking him spaghetti or something). The main couple was quite boring.

• Members

It's been left unresolved (just the way I like it)... but that ending was a perfect example of how a telenovela should end.

I hated it when the telenovelas I liked ended the main plot in the semi-final episode and then spent the entire last episode just talking and marrying. I always wanted a fantastic ending.

Did she really? Where was it confirmed? I'd really like to know. :P

• Members

I agree. Terra Nostra used to be boring, but it was funny in some way (the old men :lol: ).. Forca was fantastic because it has mystery. I was shocked when I watched the last episode in which the killer of baron and baronese was revealed.

Yup, Carla Estrada (the director) confirmed it on a dvd.

• Members

But remember at the end the eyebrow touching...LOL...Only Maria Paula did that...and the other sister was blind so she couldnt tell who got shot.

To me it was left open ended. Because even my mother wasnt too sure who died. It was obvious CE didnt want you to know who died at the end. :lol:

• Members

LA DUDA was a lame copy of Televisa's EL MANANTIAL. However, it was watchable till the episode in which Victoria (Silvia Navarro) kissed that [!@#$%^&*] Arturo (Pedro Sicard) instead of Gabriel (Omar Germenos). Terrible telenovela.

Archived