New GH Courtney is....

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do agree with you guys that Brenda isn't needed right now and that Marcil was great, but I think if they did a good job recasting that I could accept it. If Sarah Brown can be replaced (and John Ingle) then surely Brenda is.

They would just have to go through an extensive search like Y&R did for Victoria. Unlike Carly they need to make sure they have it right BEFORE bringing her on.

• Members

Some roles are not recastable, but Brenda (as much as I loved Vanessa Marcil) and Bianca Montgomery (I love Eden Riegel too), are not examples of them. If Clint Ritchie(ex-Clint, OLTL), Sarah Brown(ex-Carly, GH), & the late David Lewis(Edward, GH) & John Clarke(ex-Mickey, DAYS) can be, then they sure can. I do think that Susan Lucci as Erica is unrecastable, as are Erika Slezak(Viki, OLTL, even though I know she didn't create the role, she's too immensely popular), David Canary(Adam & Stuart, AMC), Michael E. Knight(Tad, AMC), James Mitchell(Palmer, AMC), Phil Carey(Asa, OLTL), Bob Woods(Bo, OLTL), Frances Reid(Alice, DAYS), & Deidre Hall(Marlena, DAYS) are just a few examples of actors that cannot be replaced with a recast.

• Members

i still think nobody is Carly but Sarah Brown. Its not Carly on our screens, its a pathetic artificial replacement, and im not talking about the actresses who have all been very capable, im talking about the CHARACTER. Sure, all subsequent Carlys have had their moments (Tamara had the rivalry with Skye, the Carlo thing, Jennifer had the refreshing hardness that proved a bit over zealous and Laura has the chops) but NONE can top Sarah. None. Ever. Carly must die. Carly must die in order for the original true Carly to be valued more in the grand scheme of things.

• Members

UPDATE from the new ABC SOAPS IN DEPTH.

It's confirmed that Lauren Woodland IS NOT the Nu Courtney Matthews and that the role has NOT been cast yet and quotes an ABC rep as stating that the role will NOT be re-cast UNTIL the END OF DECEMBER. Alicia Leigh Willis tapes her last episode the week of Christmas and will last air sometime in January (probably the first part of it).

btw, I'm so sick of people saying Lauren Woodland is too young to replace Alicia Leigh Willis as Courtney. Lauren is only a year younger than Willis.

Hopefully, Erin Hershey Presley, who's been noted as the fave as the NuCourtney, will get it. I think she'd be a lot better based on looks and talent.

Archived