The Tennis Thread

• Administrator

I doubt he said that. Roger has more class than that. Roger just said he was injured and not able to play the match he wanted. That's so different than saying, "Yeah, he won because I was injured." I do think he's career is going down, which is natural due to his age, but I also think he's got at least one more grand slam win in him - heck he won one of the last 3 grand slams and reached the finals in two of them. That's still pretty good for someone whose career is going down. LOL

It sucks that the final won't be Nadal vs Federer or Federer vs Murray. The finals will probably be pretty boring with Berdych/Djokovic vs Nadal because Nadal will beat them for sure...probably in straight sets too like at the French Open.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Martina was surprised by Roger's interview. She said he came off as very aggressive(not very polite....not Roger). There was even a replay of an interview he gave a few days ago where Roger said he was healthy. So its odd that now he says he was playing injured.

IMO I think he is coming off as a bad sport.

As for Rafa...ugh...I dont want him to win!

I dont want to see lame ass overrated Murray winning!!

I want Berdych to win!!

• Members

On the women's side... its going to be so boring now I think (even more so than the men).... I mean barring some total collapse, I'd say Serena has this in the bag. Cinderella stories are nice, but they can most of the time make for a very boring playoff. Although anything is better than ANOTHER Williams/Williams final. I wonder if Venus may be trending downward... even though she is still ranked #2.... she has now not won a slam in 2 years.

At least on the men's the semi's do have 3 top 10 players.

• Members

I agree with you about the women.

Three of the four top men seeds made it to the semis at Wimbledon. That hasn't been done in a while. So that is very good. Berdych will definetly be in the top 10 after Wimbledon. So technically he is top 10 player...

Edited by Ruxton Hills

• Administrator

Federer being on the downside of his career just means he's not winning grandslams regularly anymore - he still won the Aussie Open and reach the US Open final last year.

Nadal never winning the US Open doesn't mean he's not going to make it to the final or win it. It took Federer a long time to win the French Open. Nadal has the skill, the talent to win on all surfaces.

These two just need to meet in the finals. There doesn't seem to be someone who's willing to challenge these two on a regular basis. Who's the next big star? I can't think of anyone. Until someone consistently steps up and wins multiple grandslams, I will continue to hope for the best final match possible and that's Federer vs Nadal.

• Members

Well said.... I watch tennis for the skill, not the personalities of certain players. I could care less about that they are like as human beings. Like the women's final was a joke this year.... I mean good for Vera making it.... but it was no contest against Serena. It was quite disappointing to see so many top players exit so early. Clijsters, Venus Williams, Henin, Sharapova.... mind you the latter two have slipped in recent years...

I too hope some superstar comes out soon. Berdych could become something if he keeps this up. SF at the French and a Wimbledon final....

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I've been watching that's why I am behind on my ATWT viewing.

Roddick is a dick! I am glad he lost. He should have gotten fined and warned by the umpire.

I like Caroline but she doesnt have a big shot game to beat Sharapova or Kim.

I was disappointed with Berdych loss. I hope either Nalbadian or Djokovic or Soderling win. I am sick of Roger...lol. I wouldnt mind Fish or Isner winning.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Administrator

Here's the video of the fight in the stands yesterday!

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelP6HG7ig?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelP6HG7ig?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPelP6HG7ig?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/more_sports/2010/09/02/2010-09-02_fans_fight_in_upper_stands_at_arthur_ashe_stadium_during_novak_djokovic_match_at.html#ixzz0yTvWYt61%3C/div%3E