The Tennis Thread

• Members

He looks like he is in his late 20's...LOL.... He is from Spain. I wonder how he is on the clay. Surprised a Spainard won Wimbledon. I didn't know they were invited to the ball too.

And yes that's why he was crying. It is a bunch of bull! I've had blisters before when playing and when taped up you don't feel the pain. He had a total meltdown and just didn't want to admit it. He had the Mardy Fish ailment. I find it odd that now Mardy can travel and be a coach but he was playing he had these panic attacks and couldn't play or travel. He even had one against Roger at the US Open. I guess Roger puts the fear in a lot of players.....LOL.  Mardy couldn't handle being the top male USA player.

And Andy Roddick's wife has disclosed that he trashed and threw away all his trophies he won except for his US Open one. He said they didn't matter anything to him. Brooklyn said she was shocked he did that. I still don't know why he is being inducted into the hall of fame. He only won one major and was a pain in the ass during the matches and on interviews....very rude guy. He still is to this day in interviews. I still remember him mouthing off after losing to Roger at Wimbledon during his(Roger's) speech with Sue Barker of the BBC. Very classless behavior by Andy Roddick. How odd that after he gets inducted they qualifications change to two majors won to get in.....how convenient for Roddick.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Sorry, but I think you both are being too hard on Cilic. Blisters can be really painful so I'm sure that played a part, but whether it did or it didn't, or if it was just the pressure of the moment that got to him, I don't see why he should be ridiculed for it. He's a human being, not a machine, and sometimes people's emotions just get the better of them. There's no shame in that.

As for the Federer children, from what I can see the girls had blonde hair when they were younger, and it's not uncommon that kids who have fair hair when they're young grow darker as they age. I did so myself. I had very fair hair when I was very young, and both my parents have dark hair, and now my hair is darker too.

• Members

I thought it was pathetic yet loved it at the same time considering how Cilic comes off on the court.

Sorry...but I am not buying it. I played tennis from middle school all the way past college and I've had blisters and could play when they were treated. He choked in the finals. It is surprising considering how he had won a major already and had played Roger many times.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Kelloggs makes Special K.

Yeah, I heard about it and don't believe it will go further than a cease and desist order, if Kelloggs wins, because it seems Kokkinakis applied to register Special K for his clothing line and Kelloggs claims to have the Australian trademark for the name.