The Tennis Thread

• Members

I don't want Cilic.  I think he's a hothead.  Strangely I didn't like Roger years ago.  Now, He's old guard.  It's kind of like - I would always root for Martina or Chris over anyone younger.  Even when the torch should be passed - nah.  I want my girls.   

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Cilic only gets hot on occasion. Makes me wonder if he is doping again? I don't care for his game but Roger better be ready because Cilic will be ready on Sunday. Roger didn't look that great against Berdych today.

• Members

I saw most of the first set and thought Venus was playing well but DVR the rest. What happened to her in the 2nd set? This was her best chance to win a major. One writer pretty much said she isn't winning another major. I tend to agree. She should retire this year after the US Open. I mean what a way to go with two final appearances at majors. Venus just can't win 7 matches anymore. It is too much for her.

• Administrator

Roger better be ready? He was the 7-time Wimbledon champ and 18 grand slams total, and he hasn't lost a set.  Now make that the 8-time Wimbledon champ and 19 grand slams overall and didn't lose a set all tournament.  Of course he was ready. 😄  Roger is still playing great tennis at such an old age. 

• Members

Lawd Cilic was a blubbering hot mess!

Please register in order to view this content

He had a total meltdown! I thought I was watching Mardy Fish.

I really wonder if Murray will play the US Open. ESPN is pretty much saying Joker is out at the US Open. With the win Roger is at #3 with Nadal at #2 with Joker at #4 and Stan at #5 with all those points to defend at the US Open.

Should be an interesting summer hard court season and US Open.

• Members

And can we stop with the big four already??

Roger 19

Rafa 15

Joker 12

Murray...a measly 3 with 2 being Wimbledon and lots of help from the tourney and the fans. Heck Stan has won 3 and lacks just 1 while Murray still lacks 2.

• Members

I'm not going to entertain talk about Venus' alleged impending retirement. Nobody knows sh*t.  As she said years ago, people have been trying to retire her for years!

People predicted she'd retire after she was diagnosed with Sjogren's in 2011 after she'd been playing with it since 2006!

People also suggested that Roger retire years ago and even last year, after knee surgery, people predicted he was done.

Yet, here he stands with two Majors.

Please register in order to view this content

Folks, it's a personal choice and really nobody's business.  If you don't want to watch tune out. There are several players that I know I don't watch. No big deal.