The Tennis Thread

• Members

I had to go livestreaming to watch the matches. I wish I had Direct TV again because they showcased 6 matches on different channels. I am hoping to get it again in time for the US Open because the ESPN coverage is just awful. It was doomsday when they got the rights to all the majors besides the French Open.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The good thing about Penko's rise is that she is embracing it and looking forward to the next challenge.  She even believes she should be playing on a more elite court.  She cracks me up.  I don't see her crashing and burning anytime soon.  When Penko won RG, she didn't do the usual falling to the ground.  The girl behaved as if she has 10 slams. She's ready and I'm ready for her.  She brings power and attitude.  Have y'all seen some of her on court coaching when she's bad mouthing her opponent to her coach?  She's got balls!  Love her!

• Members

Well - I'm shocked....Muller had chances and it just seemed to be set up for the flop, but he managed to pull it out somehow.  I need to look at the Men's draw and see who's on what side - I've been watching matches but have no idea who is on what side...but, anytime Roger is in and Rafa is out, I'm happy.  I just want Roger to have another one.

• Members

I was worried about this match. I use to be a fan of Berdych but he let me down too many times. I had a feeling he'd play well against Thiem. He served better than I have ever seen and had some lapses but stayed focus. But it still took him 5 sets to beat Thiem and Dominic wasn't even playing that well. Had Thiem played 5% better ....he would have won the match. The tiebreaker is a prime example of that. Thiem upped his game blew past him in that 2nd set tie breaker. This was Thiem's best showing at Wimbledon but I am still surprised he hasn't done better since he won a grass court tournament last year and beat Roger too. I don't see Berdych at all having a chance against Novak even though he has been playing like dirt this year. Berdych will return to his double faulting, missing shots and losing focus mode against Novak....Just watch!

I was so disappointed in Sasha. He had that match won against Milos and totally blew it in the 2nd and 4th sets which he was up a break in both. Then in the 5th set he completely ran out of gas. Such a shame. I am hoping Roger beats Milos. I want Milos to lose and drop in the rankings. I can't stand Milos.

As for Roger....blah...was hoping Dimitrov would have beaten him. Grigor is the most disappointing one today out of them all. He can't beat Roger or even come close to. I am coming to believe like some that Grigor is overrated. He needs more stick(power) on his serve and more hunger in him to win. I thought he would win a major one day but I don't see it anymore.

Murray....what a boring player he is and #1. How he is #1 is beyond me. He is coma inducing tennis wise. His game is boring and has no flare to it.

Cillic....he must be back on that horse again....cause he hadn't done squat all year and poof he gets hot during the grass season...kind of suspicious to me.

Kevin Anderson...ugh...should have beaten goof ball Sam Queer.....can't stand Sam....and now lucky Andy gets him. Andy gets the best draws in Wimbledon every year and makes wonder if its fixed...I know its not but still....and he always get center court treatment...he hasn't played in court 1 at all.

All my favorites lost today....ugh...who am i rooting for?  Berdych ....but he'll crumble next round.....I am already sick of all the Roger specials, interviews and sh!t on TC and ESPN. Andy is a shitty player who shouldn't win another major......Novak...Brad says he is back...we will see...hope he stays in the gutter.....LOL.....Cilic....might win if he is high on something.....LOL.....don't want him to win......Sam will  never never never win a major.......

Wimbledon was going so well until today....LOL....sigh time to look forward to the hard court season and the US Open where maybe one of the fresh faces wins.  Cause I am so sick of ESPN and their fab 4 pimping...ugh.....TC does it too!

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

I am glad she lost. That's what she gets for getting rid of Craig and hiring Pat Cash.

I was hoping she'd win too. I can't stand Konta or her boring game. Is it a British thing to be a boring tennis player..ie Murray and Konta?

She better win the whole thing!  I don't want a Konta win or we will never hear the end of it.

• Members

I can't stand Vanderweight Trumpette.  I don't actually dislike Konta though - I feel bad for the British women sometimes (sometimes).  I know of like 1 place here in Northern Virginia (well Maryland) where they even have grass courts, and I've never played on one.  The Brits should RULE on grass considering they HAVE THEM.  But they don't.  I want to post questions about how they maintain those courts if it's a club...I guess no one plays on any of the main Wimbledon courts all year because that grass has to grow and must be a bi88ch to groom....so members must play on courts 60 through 100 for the rest of the year?  LOL. 

For the guys, I know people don't like him, but I like Jack Sock - look up some Youtube videos - he photobombs other people's interviews and asks questions and holds up cell phones like he's a reporter - I love his personality.  Tennis right now is blah for me.  No American Women upcoming I really want to win.  I'd like to see Venus win another one, and I want Roger to win another one.  If I root for someone else I actually like Mugarutha's personality...and I actually think rather than Clay, she could be better on grass or even hard court than clay.