The Tennis Thread

• Members

Brad Gilbert kind of predicted it.

If I were Annacone I would have left rather quickly from my seat.

Please register in order to view this content

Berdych was ranked #14 but seeded #11 at Wimbledon. I was wondering why he was seeded higher until someone brought up the fact that he made the semis last year. The points he got from last year already came off and now the ranking shows him at #20. If he loses earlier and those below him do well.....he could be out of the top 20 or worse....yikes......

I am predicting that Brown beats Murray in the 2nd round on Wed.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

In all honesty, I thought Medvedev was related to 90s Medvedev as well. I didn't consider where they are from. With the exception of the Americans, none of the names are common. 

And I didn't realize Medvedev was the same guy who defaulted his match with Young for his unsportsmanlike behavior. Claimed he lost a point because the linesmen who happened to be a person of color had to be friends with Young because young is black. Twitter had a field day with him today. 

• Members

...but you're not a journalist though.

It's understandable but anyone who isgetting paid and claiming to be press and tennis media should do some research.  The guy has been on tour for almost two years now, it  just makes the person who asked the question look uniformed and foolish.

So he's that guy, hm.  I hadn't remembered the name of the defaulter.  He really deserves to be dragged for that. Welp, he can go in the next round then. Who does he play next?

• Members

I swear this man has 'baby fever'!  Two sets of twins, yet he still talks of more kids. I wonder how Mirka feels.

DD1doAdW0AAIBYS.jpg

Not to mention Andy is going to be a Daddy for the second time. I guess we know how he injured that hip.

• Members

Lawd....John Isner has hired Justin Bozo Gimblestob again for Wimbledon. Reason for hiring him again.....because he is sucking again...but hasn't he sucked as a player for a long time?

No wonder Justin was more annoying than usual when discussing John during the pre-show on TC on Sunday.

• Members

Bernard Tomic admits in his press conference to tanking his match against Zeverev because he was bored playing him.

It's sad he is taking up a spot to someone who really wants to be a Wimbledon but didn't qualify.

• Members

He beats Stan only to lose to some unknown....LOL.

And Brown needs to get into his broken down van and leave Wimbledon NOW!  His performance against rope a dope Murray was terrible. Bye.......