The Tennis Thread

• Members

I was so disappointed in his play today. I think it was the worse match he's had with Rafa this year. He broke in the first game but didn't put the pressure on him. He was over hitting and not moving the ball around like he did in Italy. It seems like Thiem can't get up for two matches. He has a big win and can't back it up in Italy or Paris. IMO he is still thinking/celebrating his previous win during his match. He did say in his interview that it was good clay season for him but a failure because he didn't win Paris. I thought he didn't angle the ball enough against Rafa and way too much over hitting like one of their over meetings. The match wasn't even close unless you count that 2nd set.

Can John McEnroe shut up?? Gawd he was pooping all over Thiem during the match. On how he couldn't stay with Nadal .....how he couldn't win blasting him off the court. Ummmm...that's how he beat him in Italy by blasting him off the court. Then saying how he had given up ....had shrug shoulders in the second set where Mary shut him up saying that he wasn't. Then he said that Thiem would burn out the rest of the season and do nothing and he wouldn't be a the top of the ATP race which he is at #3. Does he expect Murray and Novak to challenge him? Neither has played worth a [!@#$%^&*] this year. Talk about trashing a player. John sure did with Thiem today.

As for Stan....thank gawd he won. I thought he was going to lose after being in control during the match. I could not take a Nadal vs Murray final. Murray is such a boring #1 player. I hope Stan beats Nadal. I am so sick of Nadal winning the French.

Btw with the win Novak drops to #4 in the world.....LOL

The winner of Stan and Nadal becomes the #2 player behind Murray.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Also Thiem had the roughest draw first Novak and then Rafa......

Rafa hadn't played anyone.....and Murray and Stan had easy draws to get to the semis

Like Mary said its not his time yet but he will win it.

http://live-tennis.eu/en/official-atp-ranking

Can someone tell me how Thiem who defended his points now has less points than when he started the tournament?

Please register in order to view this content

He started with 4145 and now has 200 points less....how is that even possible??

• Members

I saw the first set and thought Halep was going to take it. I DVR the rest and to find out that she was up 3-0 with a chance to break to go up 4-0....wow....that's bad. Jelena reminds a lot of Ana Ivanovic...I see her as a one hit slam wonder too. Her serve is awful and Mary Carillo kept saying how all her serves were going straight down the tee on both sides of the court. Halep should just have parked herself there and slammed the ball for a winner everytime.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

There is a high probability that Ostapenko could turn out to be an Ivanovic or a Majoli and there is the same likelihood that she'll have always have one major more than Halep will ever have.

I'm not sure what Halep's problem is at this point and I'm no longer interested in finding out. Her ignorant remarks on equal prize money lead me to believe that perhaps she has a self-esteem issue.  She's going to have to figure it out on her own and solve it.

I'll be watching other players who actually know their worth and talk, act and play like it.

• Members

ESPN might also need as much Meldonium as Sharapova since they made a deal to stream Wimbledon qualies for the first time ever, pretty much based on the announcement that Sharapova had made that she would be playing qualifying.

Oops.

Does this mean that they won't try to back out of this though?