The Tennis Thread

• Members

So some of the french male players are upset that another french player got a wildcard to the French Open after serving a 7 month suspension for illegal fixing of matches. Considering how much the person in charge...can't recall his name huffed and puffed about Maria....he lets one of his own in the tournament after being suspended for fixing matches.

• Replies 12.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Muguruza knew Svitolina was going to run her as* all over the court, that's why she didn't bother!  I knew Svitolina would win either by walkover or retirement but I new Muguruza wouldn't make that final.

EDT. They're claiming it's her neck but her thigh was strapped yesterday. Uh-hm, okay girl!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

I got to see the first set and then taped the rest. I was able to see the final results. I am glad for Sasha and happy John lost. Can you imagine when Sasha improves his volleying? He will be unstoppable.

As for TC....Ugh....John's lover was already in Italy. Calling in after the first set and pimping his boyfriend to the hills. That was total bullsh!t. I am so sick of TC pimping these worthless American male players.

Sasha will be seeded #13 at the French unless he wins the title then he will be seeded #9 at Paris.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Lord...everyone thought that. I guess Joker and his wife are on good terms again. I couldn't stand his yelling and screaming to the crowd after every game. He looked pathetic. I see rope a dope tennis is back.

Please register in order to view this content

Now why didn't he play like this against Rafa last week? Oh wait he was slaughtered by Rafa last week. I just hope...no I pray that Joker has Nick and Rafa on his side of the draw at The French. It is unfortunate cause this was Thiem's tourney to win. He didn't play very well and surely his win against Rafa was his championship match. He looked out of gas as well  The Italian fans booing Thiem at the end was just awful. I hope Sasha beats Novak tomorrow. It's team Sasha 100%.

• Members

What the hell happened???!!!

I haven't really watched to see the quality of Zverev's volleys but someone on Twitter just said he doesn't have one. If that's the case, I hope he gets one by tomorrow or it could end up being a pretty one-sided final.

Rome had been shaping up to be a very high-quality tournament until Venus loses, then that horrible rain storm and it goes to hell.

This is why I can't get too invested in the clay season and there are too many damn clay tournaments at that!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Novak decided to show the fans/other male players and Thiem that he had balls that's all. His yelling and screaming was just over the top bad. I thought Dominic should have played a more looping game like he did against Rafa but he kept over hitting the ball. Once he would loop the ball over with a lot of topspin he was in the rallies. I think he was fatigued no matter how great the Joker played. I can't believe the Joker is the only player Thiem hasn't beaten. He has already beaten Andy, Rafa and Roger. No one saw this match coming and I doubt Joker can keep it up at the French. I really hope Sasha wins. I could not take Joker winning the tourney. If I were Dominic I'd tell the tourney [!@#$%^&*] you and not play next year. I don't think the tourney is that great. The courts look super small. I prefer the Madrid tourney over this one. I am curious to see what Thiem says about the match. He's always very polite and acknowledge's the play of his opponent. I hope this doesn't discourage him from the outstanding clay season he's had. He can win the French if he has a favorable draw.

Another thing I hated was Novak's continued yelling at Thiem too after ever point....lord it was bad.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

The only problem with Madrid is that because of the altitude, it really doesn't play like RG.

So far as I've read, Monte Carlo seems to play the most like RG with Rome approximating a similar feel, although I wonder whether the rain storm last night and the tournament deciding against covering the courts could have had an effect on the clay.

Maybe Thiem needs rest more than anything right now, he does tend to play a pretty packed schedule, at times.

• Members

Was reading Brad Gilbert's feed and some didn't like Novak's yelling either and one said boring tennis is back....LOLOLOL.  So true!

One thing for sure is that everyone was surprised this match wasn't closer. The last time they played it was a three set match in the year end finals championship.

• Members

Ah, the Novak hate. 😂 Zverev is way worse than Novak with his yelling after each point/game.

DT just doesn't have the weapons to trouble Novak, which we've seen now in five lopsided victories. We'll see what Sasha can bring tomorrow.

• Members

You must have not seen today's match cause Novak was horrible. It was even commented by others on Twitter how bad his yelling was. And his game is boring as hell and he was warned several times for playing to slow but no game points given out to him. He would bounce the ball over 10 times...ridiculous.

Edited by Soapsuds