Toups

The Tennis Thread

2,845 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Milos pulled out of Miami. 

He came back too soon and he knew it.

Andy Murray might be out for almost 2 months because of injury. I won't miss his boring ass tennis.

16 hours ago, ChitHappens said:

Kohls bageled Rafa in the first set :blink:

I thought he was going to upset him!

Borna beats Thiem only to lose to Mannarino today.:blink:  I like Mannarino's game but Borna should have won this match.

Ok Sloane Stephens is a jinx....LOL.....she interviewed Bethany Sands and she lost today...LOL...everyone she interviews loses their next match...LMAO

Yes!  Sasha beats loser Isner....haha....

Gawd can the Bozo Gimelstob be more transparent?  He should NOT be calling John Isner's(his lover) matches!

3 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Borna beats Thiem only to lose to Mannarino today.:blink:  I like Mannarino's game but Borna should have won this match.

Yeah, I agree but it hasn't been that long since Borna returned. I think that Mannarino is a bit more match tough and better conditioned right now. From what I managed to see of the match, Borna misplayed a few key points in that final set and that sealed his fate.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

3 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Fun match to watch. Sasha truly stepped up to the moment.

Yes he did. I thought he was going to let it slip like he did with Nadal. I love that he was very animated during the match. I am sure John completely lost it after the match. John is one awful returner. All his matches end up in tie breakers because all he has is that serve.

2 minutes ago, DramatistDreamer said:

Yeah, I agree but it hasn't been that long since Borna returned. I think that Mannarino is a bit more match tough and better conditioned right now. From what I managed to see of the match, Borna misplayed a few key points in that final set and that sealed his fate.

They both looked exhausted after the match.

Edited by Soapsuds