Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yeah, I agree but it hasn't been that long since Borna returned. I think that Mannarino is a bit more match tough and better conditioned right now. From what I managed to see of the match, Borna misplayed a few key points in that final set and that sealed his fate.

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

Yes he did. I thought he was going to let it slip like he did with Nadal. I love that he was very animated during the match. I am sure John completely lost it after the match. John is one awful returner. All his matches end up in tie breakers because all he has is that serve.

They both looked exhausted after the match.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Yesterday, during the Woz/Mugu match, Mary Carillo went in about OCC. She talked about how it makes women look weak and pathetic needing a man to rescue them. She mentioned how bad it makes coaches look that they can't coach their pupil to problem solve. Carillo said if you can't figure out how to win, then you're supposed to lose the match. She also mentioned that the WS don't use it. Patrick, Serena's coach, said long ago that he doesn't want any part of OCC.  

I agree 3,000 % with Carillo. Mugu certainly proved Mary right and the only reason she retired from that match is because she lost the first set. Wasn't willing to fight thru a third, especially since Woz makes you hit 50 extra balls each point. Can't stand Mugu!  

• Members

Although I can never call myself a fan of Carillo, she is absolutely right about OCC. There are more reasons to dislike it other than the ones she stated though. ESPN who pushed the concept, wanted to promote it as though it was somehow edifying for the TV audience watching at home. It doesn't add anything but annoyance to my viewing experience. I wanted to get rid of it from the first year and I haven't changed my views.

I hate the fact that Steve Simon wants to dig in even more, hinting that he'd like to see coaching done from the stands, which I think will be even more of a mess!

Can he just sort out the streaming mess for the WTA before women's tennis loses most of the loyal fanbase they have now? Just, sigh.