Toups

The Tennis Thread

3,426 posts in this topic

Venus didn't have the arm wrapped but I could see her wincing in pain. I really hope whatever is wrong with her arm will be healed. 

Thiem loss-_-...he had his chances especially on Stan's serve when he floated an easy forehand long...would have given him the breaker to serve for the match.

I never would have seen Busta in the semis ...of course that was Murray's half.

It is disappointing. I was looking forward to it. He posted on Twitter that he was up all night with food poisoning. TC just showed a video of him grabbing a chicken strip or chicken fry from a viewer in the stands. Who does that?...LOL

Nick Kyrgios has withdrawn from IW. He thinks it may be food poisoning. 

Something is always going around IW. I remember one year a bunch of players got sick.  Monfils had the flu at the beginning of the tournament. No wonder I used to miss this tournament for ten years! Ick.

So Roger gets the Kei/Sock winner. I think Roger will be a heavy favorite no matter who wins. Roger already beat Kei in Australia. I am thinking a Roger vs Stan final on Sunday.

8 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

So lame.

I keep thinking that Nole is saying why didn't that happen the day I was going to play him....ha

And ESPN has no match to show...LOLOLOL

I am sure they will replay the Roger vs Nadal match instead.

Edited by Soapsuds

It's pretty much Fed's tournament to lose now. Only more cause for Fed's obsessive fans to be more insufferable. Great player, some of the worst fans in tennis.

Rooting for Kei, who has proven he can beat any member of the Big 4, but not holding my breath. Stan will predictably bend over to his compatriot in the final.

On to a clean slate in Miami...

My hope was that Thiem would have won. He was doing great until last night when he blinked on that forehand at 5 all. I'll take a Roger vs Stan final though.

Thiem would have had a good shot at beating Federer. He's beaten him the last two times they've played. Stan has to be in unbeatable form to defeat Roger (like when Stan won Roland Garros), and I'm not seeing that in this tournament.

Stan has struggled in this tournament. He hasn't looked that great but if he gets to the finals he could win it all.

This is truly disappointing. Not a Nick fan, but I'm always game for a good match. My body was ready :(