Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I was so hoping that Sasha would have beaten Nadal. Stayed up till the 4th set and went to bed. Woke up to find out that Grigor's match had just started...LOLOLOL.  So happy he won!  He played awesome!  It is too bad that my 2 guys will probably meet in the QFs and knock each other out....grrrrrrr

• Members

Yes, Mischa has just come into his own. I really think, the Zverev brothers are encouraging each other and pushing each other to improve and are now starting to see the benefits. Mischa saw Sascha achieve and it pushed him to try to do the same. I've been watching both make strides over the year. People didn't give Mischa much notice because some (*coughs* John McEnroe) thought he was too old but Mischa has a nice looking game.

I didn't get to see the entire match (went to bed but I'll watch the replay later) but I had this strange feeling that Andy could be in for it-it was not as strong as the feeling I had that Novak was in trouble- but it was a feeling that it would be a tough match for Andy.

Anyway, this opens up the Men's draw which has rarely happened over the last 6-7 years, with some top guys going out of the competition, mixed in with a few legends pushing through. It provides some excitement.

I was dubious about Australia speeding up its court surface but now, I'm starting to believe that they actually did it!