Top Posters In This Topic

• Soapsuds

• Faulkner

• DramatistDreamer

• ChitHappens

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I suspect they took it down since it was a gossipy style article sort of mocking Stan for his recent relationship woes. Sort of hinting that his first round opponent Marcel Ihan could somehow bring up memories of his failed marriage to estranged wife Iham. Also mentions 19 year old Donna Vekic as 'sharing more than an agent' with Stan.ph34r.png

Stan said in his post match interview today that he hoped heads will roll and that the editor of the website will be fired.

Stan pretty much was all business on court and had a straight sets win over Ihan.

Federe's situation was CRAZY! He had another oncourt incident about 5 years ago with an intruder on court. I guess the Roland Garros management are too busy with Wawrinka's personal life to care about serious security.wacko.png

And the French crowd need to chill with the booing, they booed Nishikori for a point that went his way (who boos Kei?!). I'm convinced that their bad karma with many of their homegrown players over the years is caused by their boorish behavior. Case in point, Caroline Garcia left the court in near tears after a loss today.sad.png

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One of the all-time greats in women's tennis, Doris Hart, passed away on the 29th of May, aged 89. She is one of only three players who have won singles, doubles and mixed at all four grand slam tournaments. (The other two are Margaret Court and Martina Navratilova). During her career she won a total of 35 grand slam titles, which puts her in fifth place on the all-time list (tied with Louise Brough) behind Margaret Court (64), Martina Navratilova (59), Billie Jean King (39) and Margaret Osborne du Pont (37).

• Members

Sharapova supposedly tweeted out some promotion of one her Avon product endorsements during the trophy ceremony before quickly deleting it, so I've heard. Interesting.

Anyhoo, Congratulations on #20 Serena! And Lucie came through to make it an interesting match. Someone joked that perhaps she was seeing Berdych's face on some of those tennis balls (LOL). She's still in the doubles with BMS so she can still score a title yet.

I was watching the stream of Eurosport's coverage and Mats Wilander (who's not always right) had a very good point about how well Serena fires herself up, no matter the circumstances. He compared and contrasted this to Jo Wilfried Tsonga and suggested that he watch Serena and take some notes for his own game.

To be fair, Jo has a different personality but I do remember his criticism of the French crowd a few years ago for not properly supporting him, as he saw it. Both Williams Sisters can talk to him about playing in front of home crowds who either greet you with a lukewarm response or flat out cheer for your foreign opponent and they still never let that stop them from winning matches.

Although, there were other issues with Tsonga's performance in the Semi-final than just body language. He was abysmal in BP conversions.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've been listening to this crazy tennis podcast I randomly came across several weeks ago. It's a laugh riot. On the eve, of the Wimbledon draw (which I am not getting up for if it's too early), this podcast announced that they are having a Live podcast on Google+ tomorrow night at 11:30pm-- yes, it is late but this podcast is not for the kiddies anyway.

https://realztenisfanz.wordpress.com/2015/06/24/realztenisfanz-podcast-16-is-going-live-62615/

I must warn that if you have a delicate sensibility and curse words offend you, this podcast is most likely, not for you. Personally, I think anyone who frequents SON can take it (LOL). Personally, I find it raucous, no holes barred entertainment. And can be surprisingly insightful.

Speaking of raucous-

Did anyone see what happened to Kokkinakis at the Boodles exhibition tournament?! I don't remember people in the crowd getting this raunchy!blush.png

• Members

I feel really sad about Nadal. I love him because just when it became boring and predictable with Federer beating everyone he came along and made Tennis thrilling and created real drama and rivalry. Tennis five or six years ago was top notch, especially their Wimbledon match, and now with him out and Roger old, Murray a choker...it looks like it is back to a boring sport with not many suspects able to challenge Djokovic.

• 2 weeks later...