'Idol' champ Underwood aims for crossover success

Ryan

• Members

I think they would be smart releasing two versions of her CD to both fans of country and pop. She does have like 4 singles that could crossover easily, I think they'll end up keeping the original the way it is, and making a pop/rock oriented CD.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No, those aren't the crossover songs. The songs would be:

Some Hearts

Starts With Goodbye (MY FAVORITE)

I Just Can't Live A Lie

Before He Cheats (once they change the music a bit)

That's Where It Is

I'll be writing up a review and posting it later on today.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 14 2005, 01:58 PM)

I really can't stand her. I couldn't during her season and I don't now. I don't think her voice is anything special and she's boring. Not looking forward to her album at all.

I actually agree with you, except I did like her during the season. After it all ended though, I just got really tired of hearing things about her and now I cringe at the sound of her voice. I don't like her songs "Inside Your Heaven" or "Jesus, Take The Wheel" either. Bleh..

• Members

I'm not a country music fan! I wish she'd do something like "Alone" from the last series of Idol. Carrie potentially could be a successful crossover artist, but none of the idols will ever come close to Kelly Clarkson. Kelly rocks!

:D:D

• Members

That's because Kelly rocks! :D It's the same with the UK idols. Will Young, the worldwide original, is still a huge success, but no one else really is. Gareth Gates had some great success at the beginning, but people got sick of him quick.

In America, Kelly and Clay will probably be the only ones with long term staying power. It'll be interesting to see how Ruben, Fantasia and Carrie do over time.

Archived