GL: Bauer BBQ

• Members

So I was shocked to learn that the Bauer BBQ has been moved to Main Street because Rick found a leak in his house, or should we say his hotel room at the Beacon. I think it is really sad that this show could not for one week use an alternative set as opposed to Main Street. I'm beginning to worry about the show's future like a lot of others. But anyways, let's also talk about whatever drama the show cooks up-no pun intended-this week during the billionth annual Bauer BBQ, all two of them!

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've always liked the idea that if the show couldn't have the Bauer BBQ on the Bauer patio, they could go on location to some lake or something and have that as the setting of the Bauer BBQ. Would it not be cheaper? Or hell maybe spring for some small park set.

I don't like that they're having it on Main Street. It's ridiculous that everything takes place there. Didn't they have Ross's funeral there also?

• Members

They used the house last year for the Barbecue! This is ridiculous.

All they had to do was write a week's worth of scenes, for them all to take place at the Barbecue, so they could really get their money's worth out of using the set. This is just lame.

• Members

What's worse is that the Bauer patio set was the oldest set on the show, having been built sometimes in the 80s. Plus, the bauer kitchen has always been one of my favorite sets.

• Members

OMG I totally agree! When I read that the Bauer BBQ was going to be on Main Street, I was pretty disappointed. I know GL does not have much money, but seriously, Main Street does not have to be used for everything! I remember the Bauer house set being used for last's year's BBQ, so how hard could it be this year?

Wait, who even lives at the Bauer house? Rick? Mel? I thought Rick lived at the Beacon? <_<

• Members

So does anyone have any comments on Rick & Beth getting married? I was shocked...I haven't been keeping up with GL on a regular basis so I wasn't expecting that. Has Rick always been in love with Beth? I kinda get the unrequited love vibe from them.

And Beth Chamberlin was just fabulous. For the first time in ages, Beth seemed vulnerable and dare I say, innocent. It's like she was playing a different character altogether.

• Members

Dude the whole dang town was built by or has some sort of connection to the Bauers.

Not an issue.....they could have had it in the ER of Cedars for crying out loud because a BAUER worked there.

Bauers walk on Main Street, Bauers ate at Company....doesn't matter.

A Bauer was married on Main Street at the Bauer BBQ----sounds like a typical BBQ without a hot tub.

Yikes, cancel this show already!

• Members

I wish you could have scene some stuff from the days of Mindy(Billy's daughter)/Phillip/Beth/Rick. Their history is larger than life basically. This site might help a little. http://www.soapcentral.com/gl/whoswho/index.php

Yep Rick has always been in love with Beth. Beth was Rick's date to prom 20 something years ago. Their romance would have continued, but Beth developed feelings for Alan's son, Rick's best friend, Phillip. When Beth ran away to NYC to get away from her abusive stepfather, it was Phillip who was at her side and the two fell in love there basically.

IMO it's kinda reminescent of how Beth was in the 80s before the writers butchered her character in the 90s.

GL's been weird for me a lately. Since yesterday, they keep insinuating that it's a "new start" for the show, and I kinda feel it while watching the show.

• Members

So what happened with Rick & Mindy? I take it they weren't supposed to be a forever couple?

Yeah, I could see that Beth is becoming the person she once was...the thing is, she hasn't been that person in a very long time so seeing her being her old self again seems a little strange (but in a good way). I loved that little speech she gave Rick about how she's been saved by so many people so many times but this time, he saved her from herself. Good stuff!

I know what you mean, Michael...I wasn't expecting to like yesterday's episode but I really enjoyed it. And the previews look interesting as well. Lillian asking Buzz out? Can't miss that! :lol:

Archived