'Tyra Banks Show' Confirms Move to New York

ljacks13

• Members

Executive at Telepictures Productions have confirmed week-old rumors that "The Tyra Banks Show" is moving its production base to New York City from Los Angeles for its upcoming third season.

"We're thrilled about producing the show in New York, as the city opens up endless creative possibilities and will become a character in the program," said Hilary Estey McLoughlin, president of Telepictures. "The outspoken nature and energy of New York audiences and guests makes this move a natural for Tyra and will greatly enhance the show."

The one-hour talk show strip will now originate from the Chelsea Television Studios in New York and continue to be run by executive producers Alex Duda, John Redmann, Rachel Miskowiec, Benny Medina and Tyra Banks. Many key production staff members will also switch coasts with the show to New York as it sets up shop this summer in advance of new season launch on September 10.

"After spending some time in the city this past spring, I knew the energy and rhythm of the city would be great for the show," said Ms. Banks. "I feel connected and completely at home. New York is where I had my first apartment as a model and found my independence. It continues to be a constant source of inspiration. Moving the talk show to New York provides a great opportunity to meet all kinds of people and keep sharing the message of empowerment with everyone everywhere. The excitement of New York City will translate to the show each and every day as we continue to face compelling issues...head on."

http://tvweek.com/news/2007/06/tyra_banks_...nfirms_move.php

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived