GH: Tamara Braun and Kari Wuhrer

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wouldn't be unheard of. Didn't Hunter Tylo sue the producers and/or writers or FOX after she was fired from Melrose Place? I remember watching something on "E" where she was hired to play an important character but when they show found out she was pregnant they terminated her. Turns out she didn't even show during her pregnancy. I hope she does sue ABC. They deserve it.

• Members

I really find it hard to bother with GH anymore, as TB is gone and they treat all of their actresses like [!@#$%^&*] while the guys are so important.

Kari Wuhrer could sue their asses for all sorts of things...sexism, unfair dismissal, etc. Ditto Jen Bransford.

• Members

If she was fired because she was pregnant, Kari does have a case; however, she's seems so overwhelmingly full of herself. No one is guaranteed employment. She rubs me the wrong way, but the GH brass are a-holes.

If she does sue, I hope the other actress' join in. Their trstimonies could strengthen what I perceive to be a weak case on Kari's stance alone.

• Members

I agree Queen Stephanie. She's not my favorite person, but I still think it's wrong. I also think that Kari was a great find (like so many others) that GH wasted.

I wish more people who speak out against GH, it's truly disgusting what happens to these women. Imagine getting fired for being PREGNANT! That's INSANE! It's a shame that in 2005 there is still a lot of descrimination in the entertainment business, especially with soaps.

Riechen from The Amazing Race often mentions how he's auditioned for soaps and they LOVE him, but won't hire him because he's openly gay. Not because he's not a credible actor, but simply because he's gay and the women watching the show wouldn't believe him in a straight role. Then you have the ethnic minorities who aren't well represented by all the soaps. Ugh! Very annoying.

Archived