Painful Moments in Your Life

NaVell J. Lee

• Members

I just read this and I wanted to share this:

No, you are not crazy. In fact, I like how you get these feelings out and not keep them bottled up. I used to do that, and that wasn't good, so if I am upset about something, I voice it. You know you have a lot of friends that care about you...I like to think of myself as one of them. And they will lend an ear if they needed to. So, don't be afraid to vent to them, or just whatever you feel like doing. I do think I should try your advice about my situation, but it isn't gonna be easy, like you said. But, your post made me think of some things in my past, how painful they were, but then I start to think what I have now...people that actually like me for me and love me for that.

Who hasn't been picked on in school? Who hasn't had family problems? I have, and it does suck. I had my dad drink his life away all the time, and he got into some accidents b/c of his alcoholism, and then he goes off and threatens the life outta me. That is something I don't like to look back on, but I do. I want to try to let it go, but I know it is difficult. But, just take it one day at a time, and I will see where it takes me.

Are there any other people who probably had these sort of feelings/pains of anguish b4?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow reading that just made me feel really bad. I almost want to tell the guy to not give up and to make things better. If they both love each other that much, then they SHOULD try as hard as they can to stop making the same mistakes.

I don't know. I haven't had anything like this happen to me, but I know if it did I would feel so devastated and hurt, It would be unexplainable.

• Members

My mom almost died 2 years ago from lung cancer. She had a pretty big tumor on her top left lung. They removed it...the operation went good...and she is fine now. Been cancer free since then. Very scary time in my life. My mom is one of my best friends. We always look out for eachother.She is only 59 years old.

• Members

Well telling me not to give up won't help much Mitch. I've battled with this damn dilemma for a while now and I don't know what else to. I'm gonna have to think long and hard.

Moving on, I'm glad that you're mom is ok too Claude. There's nothing worse than the possibility of losing your mother. The fact that you and your mom are best friends is really good.

• Members

Na'Vell, first I hope Ryan is ok with you posting this? Ryan, I know how you are feeling. I have felt the way you have twice in my life. The first time was in junior high. I thought I couldnt live without this person. That I was going to crumble. It sure seemed like it. I asked this person(who shall be nameless) to the homecoming football game. The person replied that they would be out of town. Referring to the parents as well. So I was turned down. Boy, I sure was in love....or so I thought. Well that night I went alone to the game and who did I see ...you guessed it...my date with another guy. I felt so bad. They didnt see me but I felt so sick from my stomach. I never felt the same way about our relationship/friendship. We went to the same college but things werent the same. We would say hi and chat but those feelings I had were gone. I havent seen this person since college.

The second to come later. :P

• Members

Yeah I'm ok with it. If I wasn't I wouldn't have made the blog entry public, lol. People suck sometimes Cameron. What that person (who shall remain nameless) did to you was wrong, but I myself have been guilty of that before. This was during one of the times that Michele and I broke up. During that time I was trying to change from being the mean, preppy jock guy, to being a considerate person, but I couldn't explain to the person who asked me out that I didn't want to go out with her. I lied and said I was wasn't going to the party but I did go. I saw her there and explained to her that I didn't mean to lie, I just didn't know how to let her down. Needless to say she was pissed, but she respected me for not being mean and not ignoring her during the party.

• Members

Ryan's post reminds me quite a bit about one of my favorite poems by Emily Dickinson:

My life closed twice before its close--

It yet remains to see

If Immortality unveil

A third event to me

So huge, so hopeless to conceive

As these that twice befell.

Parting is all we know of heaven,

And all we need of hell.

• Members

It would be my dad's car accident last year. My mother called me at work to tell me my dad was in a bad car accident and it didn't look good. Thankfully, he survived but he lost a leg. Then today we learn the insurance company offered him only $30,000. Glad the lawyers said to not accept.

• Members

When my moms brother overdosed on drugs in 1998 it literally began the downward spiral on my mom's side of the family. Every family has their problems, but my uncles death seemed to magnify the probelms and today my moms 2 sisters are now divorced and their lives are totally different or at least now the family knows about the problems they have had all along when we all thought everythign was going ok. My mom and dad are the only ones stil married(celebrated there 25th anniversary this past July actually), while my moms 2 sisters are divorced and living alone while obviously her only brother and only Robert left to carry on the name is gone.

First my mom was always a drinker but I didnt really know how bad alcohol had control in her life until her brother died, but when she found out her only brother at 26 was found dead she became an all out alcoholic. Although today I am so proud of my mom because she gave up alcohol completely on Dec 1st of 2004 and has been sober for almost a full year now. I love my mom to death and I have forgiven her for her past mistakes due to alcohol, but the damage to me and my immediate family is permanent and cant be taken back.

The day I learned of my uncles death was just so sad! I will never forget it because I was at work about mid way through my shift as my dad comes walking towards me with the saddest look on his face. First he had never came to my work except to pick me because I was 16 at the time. When he told me son I am sorry but your Uncle Tommy was found dead last night I honestly didnt think it was the one who was 26, but the one by marriage to my dad's sister the older [!@#$%^&*] of the family uncle Tommy, so at first it wasnt too much of a big deal. But my dad went on to say no son its your moms brother, I was in complete shock at that moment. That was my first experience dealing with death and to see my mom like that killed me inside. I just didnt know what to say to her, she was just crying and crying and sobbing asking God why did you do this to me?

The one moment at the funeral that will always stand out in my mind is when my Aunt ^&%$(dad's sister) came up to our car as we were leaving the cemetary after he was just buried. The look on her face went from sorrow to just crying to my mom, I am so sorry if there is anything I can do just tell me, please. Before she came to the car no one was crying, it was just complete silence but as my dad's sister approached the car I could just feel this sadness that I coudlnt control and I just lost it when she spoke to my mom. She was just so genuine and my brother, sister, and even dad all started to cry, one of the saddest moments of my entire life happened right then. One moment I will never forget!

Archived