Days: SOD Cover 11/04/05

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Nov 5 2005, 02:44 PM)

Why don't they just make Alex Roman? This is so confusing, they need to stop bringing back the same actors and confusing everything. Days is too much on my brain. :(

KC may not want to do that becuase the last time Wayne came back, it really got alot of people ticked that Drake was NOT Roman, but an imposter. Now, Josh has been playing Roman for the last 8 years, and to do it again would just about throw common sense out the window.

But I do agree with you. It would have saved alot of aggravation.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would accept Alison Sweeney as Roman before I accept Josh in that role. I will always feel that turning Drake's character back into John and not having anything for Wayne to do the first time he returned really ticked off fans more than anything else.

• Members

Here's a thought....

Perhaps Alex North is part of Marlena's past during the period of her "death." We know she woke up on that island, but we never really knew if she was there the *entire* time. There have even been a handful of throwaway lines over the last couple of years where Marlena has clearly stated (always in conversation with John about his unknown past) that Marlena had no clear recollection about exactly what happened during the time that she was presumed dead and had simply moved past the desire to discover it because she was more focused on the present and the future. Perhaps Alex is part of that missing past that she really should have checked into.

• Members

This is the issue I have with long-running actors on a show returning as completely different and unrelated characters. Granted, it's no big deal when it's a minor character or only a short-term character, but Chris Kositchek was on the show for a decade! And it's not like he was background, either. Chris was a upper mid-burner character that was in a bunch of storylines and had connections (um...hello! His brother was Salem's first serial killer!) Josh Taylor won tons of fan awards (The first being "Best Newcomer" in the late 1970s). He was just *too* memorable in the role and he *worked* as Chris. He just doesn't (and never has, IMO) worked as Roman. Ditto for Judy Evans as Bonnie. She'll always be Adrienne (at least on Days. In my world, she'll always be Paulina) to me.

• Members

What Matt said. :P

Anyhow, that's my biggest question... if it was explained that Alex was treating Marlena on that island in the late 1980s (when Deidre wasn't on Days), this story then makes a lot of sense. If it's explained that Alex was married to Marlena in the years before she came to Salem, then open up the can of worms!

As for Jack... shame on you. This story is getting interesting, but it's getting into some territory that might rankle some viewers.

Am I the only one that thinks the Shawn/Mimi story is going TOO fast? Shimi fans, I wouldn't get my hopes up on this. I think the next twist comes before year's end (I would've said sweeps, but I don't think they've got anything planned)

• Members

They put Lucas and Sami together pretty fast. Didn't seem like there was too much build-up. I like them togethre, and in more capable writing hands, it could be a very beautiful love story.

IMO, they could be the next Bo and Hope.

• Members

They need to end this dumb Jack SL. If Matt Ashford isn't being fired again, get Jack a freaking cure and give him and Jen some other sort of frontburner SL.

Compared to the November sweeps on the CBS soaps, DAYS is performing like [!@#$%^&*]! :angry::angry:

• Members

I prefer they leave Josh as Roman. Though Id rather Wayne play the role, I dont want another imposter story with him and I dont want the last 8 years of Roman to be a lie. If they wanted WN back, then they should have went with the recast route, and gotten rid of Josh. They didnt do that so they should leave it alone

Archived