AMC: Ugh, SOW says is true

• Members

As I reported last week and was told I had no idea what I was talking about, Greenlee IS being re-cast, as per SOW.

Which raises the question: I think we all kind of assumed McT was purposely ruining Greenlee a bit so that when Rebecca left it wasn't such a big deal (common soap writer trick)....now they're going to bring back a character even the staunchest AMC supporters here agree has been shattered, with a new actress when the old one is so loved?

And again, this can only mean one thing: More Rylee. I do not get it. I have never seen such devotion by TPTB to a couple so despised. Ever. Maybe Cam and the newbie will have more chemistry, but the problem with Rylee was always more that they didn't make sense, chemistry or not.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think it's a great idea. Greenlee is an important character and needs to be re-cast. I love Rebecca Budig, but she IS NOT and IN NO WAY UN-RECASTABLE. Greenlee HAS NOT be ruined, in fact I like her more, she hates Ryan which she should. Why should anyone like Ryan after what he's done. IF anyone's being ruined, it's Kendall, who seems to be going back to the Ryanloving harpie she was, which is a damned shame. Same goes for Eden Riegel as Bianca. AMC should start the re-casting of Bianca as well. Heather Lindell(ex-Jan Spears, DAYS) is still my pick to takevoer as Bianca, she'd give Bianca some much needed balls! I'd love for Bianca to slap the hell out of hypocritical !@#$%^&*]/slut Babe and Krystal too for that matter.

• Members

The general feeling that Greenlee is no longer Greenlee has nothing to do with her hating Ryan. In fact that's the one true Greenlee thing she's done in a long time.

And regardless, we know it won't last. Greenlee (either Rebecca before she leaves, or the new Greenlee) will return to her Ryan devotion.

The problem with Greenlee is that she's lost her spark. She isn't spunky, tough Greenlee anymore. She's a baby obsessed stepford wife. Exactly the same as what they did to Liza, and the character Liza never recovered.

Ideally, if McTavish was gone, new Greenlee could be a breathe of fresh air if she returned to Greenlee's roots. It could happen.

My guess: Frons will have his pick of either Lauren W. or Erin Presley for Courtney on GH. Whoever is left and wasn't good enough for GH will be plopped into the Greenlee role lol

• Members

"They could get Nancy St. Alban, the recently departed Michelle from GL. That could be interesting, but I do agree that Greenlee needs to just go."

ROTFLMAO!!! I agree, take her. GL will give her to you on a silver platter with an apple in her mouth...

• Members

if it truely is between Erin Presley and Lauren Woodland for both roles than it's a simple choice.

Erin Presley for Courtney

Lauren Woodland for Greenlee

Lauren Woodland would be great for the feisty woman Greenlee used to be.

She's too bland for Greenlee IMO.

• Members

I think Lauren Woodland looks too young. She looks like she belongs in the Amanda/Babe age group.

I know the look may be a bit off, but I saw they should get either Amy Grabow or Catherine Watkins, both whom used to be on GH. Both good actresses and could fit in well over here

• Members

This is why AMC's ratings are hitting all-time lows!

Frons, McT, or whoever is really in charge has devoted this show completely to Rylee, a couple almost universally despised by the viewers. It's bad enough how much time they've taken from the good characters for the last year and a half, more Rylee just makes me seriously think about giving up on AMC after 25 years!

As for who the recast should be, Nancy St Alban would be perfect for the new and destroyed Greenlee. Frons and/or McT made the character a boring, bland character with no sparkle at all and that's exactly the way St Alban has played GL's Michelle. :angry:

Archived