Welcome! Please take a second to register.

Photo

Soap Opera Openings

• Please log in to reply
204 replies to this topic

#1 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 11:44 AM

I absolutley loved when Y&R featured its sexxy red openings It was genious although it didnt get a good reponse.

thas the link to it.

Passions, what kan I say about i.

Days, VERY outdated

All the ABC shows, they all look the same. I really liked all the early openings of AMC all the way up until the gold opening now this crap we see now
OLTL i really like the satin sheets opening, well the thtme music I just like how it starts out
Loving< i loved that song
Loved Dark shadows

Loved the all the edge of nights theme musics.

i loved the ATWT used in the 80s

I loved GL's 93 opening genious. i also liked the one pual rauch did and the music was great, the one the had joan collins in it. I alos like the current opening

B&B i liked better the old one..

I loved sunset beach's orginal opening I loed the Last AW opening

i also miss the old white opening of Y&R used inthe 90s that should live characters and their various spins

Edited by aMLCproduction, 09 March 2007 - 11:48 AM.

#2 Ponz

Ponz

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,421 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:09 PM

I don't agree that DAYS has an outdated opening. The hourglass is the sort of classical theme that will never get "old".

#3 psychofan

psychofan

#1 Fan of Daytime Psychos!!

• Members
  • 2,308 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 12:39 PM

I'd actually like a change in DAYS openings. The ABC soaps have the best I think, so maybe if DAYS goes over there, it will change. I think they should open up with the hourglass and end with the hourglass (like AMC with the photo album) and in between they can have flashes of the cast.

#4 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:23 PM

I just think Days kan try something new. it would be nice

#5 Mason

Mason

I don't have low self-esteem. I have low esteem for everyone

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:30 PM

The DAYS opening should not change. Period.

#6 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

not even a little character here and there next to the hour glass
QUOTE (HoganStays @ Mar 9 2007, 03:30 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The DAYS opening should not change. Period.

Edited by aMLCproduction, 09 March 2007 - 03:34 PM.

#7 Mason

Mason

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (aMLCproduction @ Mar 9 2007, 02:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not even a little character here and there next to the hour glass

Nope. DAYS's opening has essentially been the exact same way since the very beginning, and I'm glad that it's stuck to its roots (in this respect, anyway). It's classic and timeless, and I don't think it should be messed with.

#8 Cheap21

Cheap21

K-Pop Obsessed!

• Members
  • 40,435 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Days can get definetly update their opening while still keeping their classic feel. Here's an opening I did for it 2 years ago

#9 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:39 PM

even the music too huh? durka durka
QUOTE (HoganStays @ Mar 9 2007, 03:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope. DAYS's opening has essentially been the exact same way since the very beginning, and I'm glad that it's stuck to its roots (in this respect, anyway). It's classic and timeless, and I don't think it should be messed with.

#10 aMLCproduction

aMLCproduction

Veteran

• Members
  • 2,906 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

very nice cheap it was still a klassic
QUOTE (Cheap21 @ Mar 9 2007, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Days can get definetly update their opening while still keeping their classic feel. Here's an opening I did for it 2 years ago

#11 mateo22

mateo22

I give in to sin because you have to make this life liveable

• Members
  • 3,289 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (Cheap21 @ Mar 9 2007, 02:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See, I totally would love something like that. Keeping the hourglass at the start and the end, but with the cast in the middle. I think it would be great~

#12 Brandeis

Brandeis

Veteran

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:30 PM

I once heard an old audio tape of DAYS, must have been from the late 70's, and the theme at the end was slightly different. Same music, different instruments.

My all time favorite opening was OLTL in the 80's, with all the faces pasted over scenes of Llanview. The late 90's version was similar and not bad on its own but inferior in comparison (though still better than what airs now).

A while back I listenened to a bunch of oldies at WOST.. Another World, Edge of Night, and Search for Tomorrow's stood out to me.

I don't know. I've come to expect the DAYS hourglass. Not sure I'd change it.

What I like about Y&R now is the actors' real names as their faces appear. It's a small modicum of respect other shows would do well to imitate. I think Tomlin did it too for OLTL during LIVE WEEK.

Edited by Brandeis, 09 March 2007 - 04:33 PM.

#13 Kennylicious

Kennylicious

Days of Our Lives

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,428 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 04:36 PM

I love the Days opening and wouldn't want it changed. Maybe something for fun, temporarily... but not a longterm change.

I did like the updated theme in 2004 during the "Melaswen" storyline, though. The theme sounded so grand with the trumpets and such.

#14 JoelMTL

JoelMTL

Contract

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:53 PM

While AMC has the best current opening, my two all-time favorites were B&B from 1987-2003 and GL from 1992-97.

#15 Mason

Mason

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 06:56 PM

[quote name='JoelMTL' date='Mar 9 2007, 05:53 PM' post='397589']
While AMC has the best current opening, my two all-time favorites were B&B from 1987-2003 and GL from 1992-97.
[/qoute]
I f-ing LOVED that opening!

#16 Brandeis

Brandeis

Veteran

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (JoelMTL @ Mar 9 2007, 06:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agree re: GL '92 - '97... forgot about that. And AMC's current opening is pretty good, one of the current best and easily the best of ABC.

Does anyone remember the GL short-lived opening when Joan Collins was on? (revolving cough lozenges?) I liked the music.

#17 JoelMTL

JoelMTL

Contract

• Members
  • 808 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:02 PM

The GL opening when Joan Collins was there was so cheesy, as was the one following that which looked like it was made by a high school art student and had crap music too.

#18 Mason

Mason

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:04 PM

I actually like the 2002 GL opening. It wasn't as good as Hold On To Love, but I thought it was still pretty good.

#19 Faulkner

Faulkner

Veteran

• Members
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:06 PM

I think DAYS' hourglass opening is very classy. And they don't ever have to update it when people leave! So you don't have those actors who've been off the show for months still rearing their heads.

I don't really like any of the openings right now. AMC has the best one on ABC - though I'd rather have the simple hand closing the book than the stagey, model-y one they have now - but I don't like how all the ABC openings look similar. And I don't like the cheesy arrangements that AMC and GH are using for their themes. The less said about the OLTL one, the better.

#20 Brandeis

Brandeis

Veteran

• Inactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:09 PM

The less said about the OLTL one, the better.

Like something I did on my BONTEMPI portable organ when I was about 8.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users