Soap Opera Openings

• Members

I absolutley loved when Y&R featured its sexxy red openings It was genious although it didnt get a good reponse.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzB4rWdcck&NR

thas the link to it.

Passions, what kan I say about i.

Days, VERY outdated

All the ABC shows, they all look the same. I really liked all the early openings of AMC all the way up until the gold opening now this crap we see now

OLTL i really like the satin sheets opening, well the thtme music I just like how it starts out

Loving< i loved that song

Loved Dark shadows

Loved the all the edge of nights theme musics.

i loved the ATWT used in the 80s

I loved GL's 93 opening genious. i also liked the one pual rauch did and the music was great, the one the had joan collins in it. I alos like the current opening

B&B i liked better the old one..

I loved sunset beach's orginal opening I loed the Last AW opening

i also miss the old white opening of Y&R used inthe 90s that should live characters and their various spins

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd actually like a change in DAYS openings. The ABC soaps have the best I think, so maybe if DAYS goes over there, it will change. I think they should open up with the hourglass and end with the hourglass (like AMC with the photo album) and in between they can have flashes of the cast.

• Members

Nope. DAYS's opening has essentially been the exact same way since the very beginning, and I'm glad that it's stuck to its roots (in this respect, anyway). It's classic and timeless, and I don't think it should be messed with.

• Members

I once heard an old audio tape of DAYS, must have been from the late 70's, and the theme at the end was slightly different. Same music, different instruments.

My all time favorite opening was OLTL in the 80's, with all the faces pasted over scenes of Llanview. The late 90's version was similar and not bad on its own but inferior in comparison (though still better than what airs now).

A while back I listenened to a bunch of oldies at WOST.. Another World, Edge of Night, and Search for Tomorrow's stood out to me.

I don't know. I've come to expect the DAYS hourglass. Not sure I'd change it.

What I like about Y&R now is the actors' real names as their faces appear. It's a small modicum of respect other shows would do well to imitate. I think Tomlin did it too for OLTL during LIVE WEEK.

• Members

I love the Days opening and wouldn't want it changed. Maybe something for fun, temporarily... but not a longterm change.

I did like the updated theme in 2004 during the "Melaswen" storyline, though. The theme sounded so grand with the trumpets and such.

Archived