January 29 - February 2, 2007

Toups

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As much as I hate GH I would rather GH be #2 than B&B. One because B&B signed Eileen Davidson only to keep her away from DAYS as we all know she won't be on B&B for 3 years and I have always felt B&B gets those great ratings because of Y&R as their lead in. Go GH!

DAYS seems to always have one eppy that just bombs, this week it was Fridays eppy. I am bored with the show and have been for weeks, so I can't say I am disappointed in the ratings.

GL got a 2.6 on Thursday, that just goes to show you TP leaving GL is going to HURT big time.

• Members

I LOVE that GH is tied with B&B. I just KNEW they would do it - I bet the rest of the month they will be ALONE at #2.

Looks like people tuned in for Dixie's death on AMC - and suprisingly their highest rated day came 2 days after Dixie's last day...I personally hate that bc it shows Frons that people were ok with Dixie's death :(

Not surprised with ATWT - that show is still a major bore.

• Members

I won't say that GH won't be back to the 2.6's but I doubt it this time. GH hasn't seen a 2.6 since mid-December except for maybe a daily rating every once in awhile.

GH has pretty much been in the 2.7-2.8 range since mid-December. And many people have been talking about how much GH has been better since Nov. And the ratings are showing that. They didn't completely fall after november sweeps like they have in sweeps of the past.

Dec 4-8 - 2.6

Dec 11-15 - 2.6

Dec 18-22 - 2.7

Dec 25-29 - 2.8

Jan 1-5 - 2.7

Jan 8-12 - 2.9

Jan 15-19 - 2.9

Jan 22-26 - 2.8

I just have high hopes that hopefully they will work to build to the next sweeps like they built to this one.

For years that is what soaps did and I think that is more of what GH did this time. Soaps for years have built their stories and let them culminate during sweeps months. If GH can do that from here on out, I have no problem with it because it is what traditional soaps have done for years now. Since November they have been letting the Rick Webber mystery build and simmer and it will have big developments this month. And they did build a week or so up to this big happening.

GH just needs to learn that they need to establish something during the month that will cause people to keep tuning in. They did that with the Laura thing - having Laura profess her innocence to Lulu and build off of it was a good thing.

As to the college thing that Cat asked about. Nielsen has now added a college campus sampling to the ratings. It started january 29th - so this is the first ratings period with that sampling included. GH may be getting help from that, but I believe that Days probably saw the most help from it.

• Members

congrats GH, i actually tuned in a few days this week to watch out of curiiousity...I think they are genious for doing these sweeps stunts, because it brings in the ratings for the time that advertisers and networks determine bugets....and allows them to have a higher budget the rest of the year...

• Members

Interesting. This was DAYS most teen/youth oriented week in a long time and it doesn´t look like it really hurt the show. Yeah, that 2.4 for Friday sucks but I really don´t see any major drops of angry viewers so many predicted will happen. The show did actually really well if take in account so many storylines were dropped, dragged on etc. And isn´t Thursday the day Chelsea/Nick had that "I´m virgin, you are virgin" bonding conversation? Again, very interesting. I think this could be a good news for DAYS in a long term perspective, because it seems people are willing to watch even when the vets aren´t on. I like them, but I like good stories more. (And I do think this J/M coma connection story had been stupid even before it was cut for budget issues.)

• Members

It goes to show nothing that it was TPs last day.

The majority of fans do not use message boards and read the rags. All but one soap had their highest rating of the week that day.

Wow...shocked that people still believe stuff like that.

• Members

Since we know that the Nielsen's started counting the college viewers this week for the first time with soaps I would not get too excited. I think for what Days has been offering those ratings at the first of the week are VERY generous.

Days is not bad but it is boring as hell and has lost all focus. There are all of a sudden too many lapses in some stories - like this week one day Lucas says he will not work for EJ and the next he is with no explanation, what happened with the reaction to Lexxie. And the focus has been way off.

Many said in the thread about the college ratings this week that Days would see the most benefit from the college ratings being counted now, and I think they are right. Days got big help from them but even them counting didn't help them on Friday. I would hate to see what Days rating might have been on Friday without the college rating.

I don't want to go out on a limb and say that is the only thing that helped Days but considering how bad Days did the week before, and last weeks show was even worse I just don't see it rising that much without the help from the college sampling.

Days reeled me back in with the stuff in December. I was even about to forgive them for the terrible return of Stefano, but I am sorry Days is a big mess right now. It is boring, has no balance, and this week the writing is getting sloppy again - the Kate/Sami stuff has too many non-logical loopholes, Sami's story seems to be in regression, the Lucas/EJ thing I mentioned. Not to count the Lexxie thing with no reaction from her family - which is just a continuation of the last few weeks.

Again I say the show is not as bad as JER's last few months, but it is certainly not at it's best right now either.

• Members

ITA. The month of December was so great for DAYS and January showed promise, but the last 1-2 weeks have been a mess. Almost an entire episode was devoted to Nick/Chelsea and their virginity discussion! The number of dropped/stagnating storylines is absurd, and I keep getting the feeling I've missed entire episodes because of the dangling plot points. Hopefully, these rumored budget issues can be resolved soon and DAYS can get back on track. I think a lot of the viewers are already gun-shy and afraid to trust the show because of the last few years--this month is not going to help build confidence. The momentum was building; it's a shame the budget seems to have derailed things for awhile.

• Members

I agree Jane. I do agree a bit with Steve as well. I do think the college students helped Days because last week was boring. I am shocked they went up.

However, the show was boring for one week and this week has been much better. Not as great as December but better. You are not going to have December every month. Days still is going at a good pace but alot of behind the scenes issues are getting in the way. It's not really excusing it because I do think there would've still been a slow period after December but not like this. Last week had so much out of whack but this week there is much more cohesion and there can't be any complaints about who is being pushed because Shelle and Nick/Chelsea have been on one day this week thus far. J&M were featured for two days, Steve/Kayla all week, and Sami/Kate/EJ all week. Those are characters that people have no problem seeing so I think Days may see a +1 bump this week for the Steve/Kayla story especially. The J&M story may not be the best but them being on may bring in better dailies.

As for GH, good for them. They deserve it but I am not going to jump on the bandwagon and say it's right. Yes, any soap could do it but doesn't it make you wonder why none of them do? The problem with GH is yes they are better since November but it's a given it's going back to normal and March and SD"s departure is going to leave a huge void. Not to mention who else they kill off during this story. GH may face backlash on top of going back to their normal stories after this. I do think Steve is right in that they won't crash all the way to 2.6, especially now with the college students in this, but I do think we will see back around 2.8. I also think they will go down this week because this hostage story has slowed to a crawl. It's been very boring these past few days which I can understand because it's about interaction and character moments now more then action. I am sure next week will be more action as the explosion draws nearer. The one thing about this sweeps stunt is that we know it will have far reaching repercussions and I hope we see those play out. I don't want to see two weeks of fallout and then back to the mob show with a little bit if Liz, Lucky, Nikolas, Emily, Maxie, Robin, and Patrick thrown in.

Surrpised about GL. Wish it would've fared better.

Not too bad considering most soaps didn't do all that much last week. I do think we saw a college student impact and that could come in real handy during college breaks and especially during the summer.

• Members

Well I cannot complain for DAYS, they went up across the board this week

HH = +.1

18-49 = +.1 & 2nd Place

18-34 = +.3 & 1st Place

25-54 = +.1

Good week for DAYS! The 18-34 gain of +.3 was VERY much needed, they dipped to a VERY bad number last week and they rebounded to their normal amounts this week....and held on to #1 on their own this week.

The HH number kinda sucks, I would be hoping for a 2.7-3.0 number for DAYS right now, but 2.6 is better than 2.5 for last week and DAYS is still #4 overall!

• Members

Yeah Mitch it is much better.

If they had a better week, I think we may have seen a 2.8. It was just a boring, out of whack week and for me to say that it means alot. I hope we bigger impact as we go along. I think days could really see huge numbers during college breaks and summers now because of this change if they really pull out all the stops.

Archived