2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Not only do I find Jill Mitwell to be overrated- probably daytime's most overrated director-she's just mediocre. Case in point: Prom Night (June 2007) & Asa's death (August 2007). I prefer Mary Ryan (should be promoted) & Howie Zeidman. Tracy Casper Lang is another good director. Why isn't Casper Lang directing more often?

The scripts have improved but they are far from being golden. Vincent Lechowick should not be writing anything on any show. LML should fire her son.

Any type of writer or story consultant should watch EVERY episode of their respective show, as well as read EVERY breakdown & script. I think that's what Michele Val Jean does.

Daytime should hire more novelists & playwrights to write and consult on story outlines, breakdowns & scripts. Also, every show should have an acting coach.

EVERY show needs a writing overhaul. Imagine GL with an improved team? :o

No way do I want the fantastic Val Jean on AMC. She belongs to GH. In fact, she loves the show. As for Curlee, she belongs on GL. By the way, 9 writers is a bit too small of a team. I prefer at least 12 writers on each show at any given time. but no more than 19. Be creative with the budgets, y'all!

Maxam is a very good director. Sad to see him leave Y&R. But now he's earning more money, so good for him.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Carpenter is one of daytime's best director, and the best one on OLTL. I'd hire him & Ryan for GH in a heartbeat. Mitwell as EP? One word: No. Intice Gottlieb, Bedsow Horgan or Levinson to return, or hire Francesca James or Jean Dadario Burke.

GH: Is Danielle Faraldo still with the show? I hope so.

GH: Is Matthew Diamond on vacation? Did he quit? I hope he didn't quit.

Y&R: Sara A. Bibel-Is she heading to B&B?

B&B: There are rumblings about Mulcahey retiring. Is that true?

Y&R: Is Natalie Minardi Slater going for a decade on Y&R, that's why she hasn't quit?

ATWT: What happened to Tom Reilly, Stephanie Braxton, and Julia Jordan?

OLTL: Did Lisa Seidman quit? Where's Ginger Redmon?

Y&R: Is Diane Messina joining the staff?

B&B: Is Kay Alden only on B&B temporarily until December?

GH: Will they be getting new BDW writers?

OLTL: Any more ex-writers from the 1980s & 1990s returning?

• Members

Redmon was fired, I know that, thanks to a poster here. :) Seidman just was gone, so I'm guessing she was fired too. No biggie. :) And Jill Mitwell would be promoted to EP WAYYY before any of those ladies returned to ABC. I don't think GH will ever get new BD writers. Guza is comfortable with his team. Danielle Faraldo jumps a lot but has been steadily at GH and I assume she is still there. I do think OLTL will be getting more 90's writers.

Archived