2007: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I know this, but usually, they air the other assoc. writer along with the script writer, and this time there was only Marla Kanelos. I though the same too, but Toups said Marla wrote both Breakdown/Assoc. We'll have to wait and see.

• Members

Maybe Marla is "auditioning" to be an associate head writer, and since she's already a scriptwriter, she just wrote the script to her own breakdown. Like I said, she wasn't listed with Walsh, Hayes, Demorest, Patrick and Beall, so it's not confirmed she actually IS an associate head writer. She probably just pitched the episode, wrote the outline and did double duty by writing the script -- since the breakdowns are written in advance to the script. But I really don't see why AMC needs SIX associate head writers. I can testify that they need NEW associate head writers (and script writers), but adding yet another makes no sense.

Unless they're making room for Kate Hall as a contracted script writer, then they would need to move Marla up. But again, since she wasn't credited as an associate head writer, I'm reluctant to view her as such. We'll just have to wait until Monday's episode to see if she is listed.

But considering Beall, Hayes and Kanelos all worked under B&E and JHC, I wouldn't be surprised.

• Members

They did.

Remember: Marla used to write breakdowns at AMC in 2004. She left for a bit and then came back as a SW.

All My Children

- Script Writer (March 8, 2005 - Present)

- Occasional Script Writer (2004, 2005)

- Associate Head Writer (June 4, 2004 - October 8, 2004)

Archived